How many past and present O's players do you think read this forum?

I have always wondered what players think when they go onto a forum like this and read about themselves.  I am sure not all do but I would bet there are quite a few players that check in to see what people are saying about them or the team.

Does anyone have any solid intel on what past or present players read the Os Hangout?

When I first moved to CA and  played hockey at the rink by my house, I got to know a former Red Wings player who skated there and he said that most of the players used to read up on themselves so I know they do it.   Which being honest if I was a pro athlete I KNOW I WOULD HAHA.

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

10/10 input.  Thanks for the insight. 

It’s a fan blog site…. Explayers are welcome. But, they are posters similar to media guys like @Roy Firestone who most treat like just another poster. Which I’m sure that’s how Roy wants it to be. 

I remember George Sherrill’s brother used to post when he was here. Seemed like a pretty chill guy. There’s also been some family members of players that posted. Iirc maybe Hobgood’s Mom? Man, my memory is fuzzy. I vaguely remember a very abrasive mother who posted here anytime someone would question anything about their son haha. Maybe someone has better recollection. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Maybe some former players, but younger guys are going on Reddit I'm sure. Message boards are pretty old school.

Do you really think Reddit?  That place is such a cesspool.   Completely unreadable. 

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I remember George Sherrill’s brother used to post when he was here. Seemed like a pretty chill guy. There’s also been some family members of players that posted. Iirc maybe Hobgood’s Mom? Man, my memory is fuzzy. I vaguely remember a very abrasive mother who posted here anytime someone would question anything about their son haha. Maybe someone has better recollection. 

Interesting.  I just think of all the downtime the players have where they can surf the net and as a player I would be really curious to see what people write about me.

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

I’ve wondered this myself. I would imagine several, though not regularly.

Would be an interesting question to pose to the players.  I wonder if someone like Tony OH or Roy F, who probably at least have some access to the players or know people who talk to the players......could ask them sometime.    It is the #1 Os fan website as far as I know so I think it is a legit question to ask them and I bet it would be pretty enlightening and hilarious to hear some of the responses.