Would you trade Santander, Mountcastle and one of Stowers or Norby for George Kirby and maybe a decent AAA pitcher?

Santander is a rental, but is also hot, so we'd be selling high right now on him, and making room for Kjerstad.  Mountcastle creates room for Mayo.  Stowers or Norby are redundant right now.

Seattle gets much needed offense, and we get a front line starter with a few years of control.   I don't know much about Seattle's system, so I can't say who I'd want along with Kirby to balance out the deal, but I'm open to suggestions.

I realize we would be giving up a lot - in terms of our own offense, and clubhouse presence.  But, getting a guy like Kirby will not come cheap in this market anyway....AND we don't have to sell the farm. (I would even throw in Urias and bring up Norby as a bench bat).

Who would do this trade?

2 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Santander is a rental, but is also hot, so we'd be selling high right now on him, and making room for Kjerstad.  Mountcastle creates room for Mayo.  Stowers or Norby are redundant right now.

Seattle gets much needed offense, and we get a front line starter with a few years of control.   I don't know much about Seattle's system, so I can't say who I'd want along with Kirby to balance out the deal, but I'm open to suggestions.

I realize we would be giving up a lot - in terms of our own offense, and clubhouse presence.  But, getting a guy like Kirby will not come cheap in this market anyway....AND we don't have to sell the farm. (I would even throw in Urias and bring up Norby as a bench bat).

Who would do this trade?

Have you seen any rumors of Seattle being willing to trade current pitchers in their starting rotation instead of from their plethora of prospects?

I haven't seen/read this anywhere.

15 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

moot point as Seattle would have hung up by the time we said Stow....

So here’s the thing …They need offense bad. I don’t think Elias would deal Santander so it probably doesn’t matter. 

Seattle dearly needs offense if they want to win it this year.… possibly 3 positions would be good.

For Starters they have Kirby, Gilbert, Miller, Woo, and Castillo. They have Emerson Hancock and a couple interesting options at AAA.

They could ask for and get just high rated prospects..but why would they if they want to win now. Holliday and Basallo aren’t ready …Even if Mayo is there is no guarantee he immediately generates offense as he might need adjustment time.

Guys like Urias, Mountcastle, Stowers, offer upgrades right away. 

If you added any combination of those guys they are a huge upgrade.

Who they’d trade and if they’d expect a premium prospect remains to be seen. But, they aren’t winning it this year without some lineup upgrades. I think it’s more likely they deal Woo or Castillo.

18 minutes ago, truespectra said:

Not the Mariners.  Not while they are in a playoff race. They definitely would want a massive prospect haul for Kirby- not current mlb players. 

I doubt they deal him … but their clear need is MLB offense. You probably aren’t getting that right away from prospects. They have extra starting pitching. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Who they’d trade and if they’d expect a premium prospect remains to be seen. But, they aren’t winning it this year without some lineup upgrades. I think it’s more likely they deal Woo or Castillo.

Kirby is a TOR starter with 4.5 years of team control remaining. 

The answer to whether they'd expect a premium prospect is unequivocally "yes."

29 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Have you seen any rumors of Seattle being willing to trade current pitchers in their starting rotation instead of from their plethora of prospects?

I haven't seen/read this anywhere.

I have not.  I've seen reports, and I believe them, that they need offense, or they are not going anywhere.  So, they may be desperate as well to find hitters, and we have some of those that can contribute to them right now.  That's what kind of makes us good trade partners in my opinion.

they aren'

30 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Who would do this trade?

Yes would do it, especially since Mountcastle is now OPS'ing .742 and Santander is in his last few months as an Oriole, but Seattle isnt trading Kirby for that package. Even if you added both Norby and Stowers. Trading those 4 at the same time would hurt the O's lineup this year anyway. Unless you got some unusually good pitching in return.

12 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Kirby is a TOR starter with 4.5 years of team control remaining. 

The answer to whether they'd expect a premium prospect is unequivocally "yes."

I’d suspect they’d be after Adley or Gunnar. The premium prospect doesn’t help them win a World Series. 

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

they aren'

Yes would do it, especially since Mountcastle is now OPS'ing .742 and Santander is in his last few months as an Oriole, but Seattle isnt trading Kirby for that package. Even if you added both Norby and Stowers. Trading those 4 at the same time would hurt the O's lineup this year anyway. Unless you got some unusually good pitching in return.

I agree that trading those guys might hurt our lineup, but for the rest of the season, and then potentially the playoffs, IF we could get Kirby for the guys I mentioned, would we rather start the playoffs with:

Santander and Mountcatle in the lineup, or

Mayo and Kjerstad in the lineup (and no Santander and Mountcastle) with a Geroge Kirby type of arm?

It's pretty clear that some on here don't think Seattle would make that trade.  They gotta give up something to get the offense they desperately need.

Let me ask it this way, if Elias pulled off this deal, would we love it, or hate it?

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Every Os fan would do that trade…but Seattle would laugh at the thought of it, much less an actual offer.

I think so too …. They are more likely to trade some of their prospects for rentals bats. I’d try to take a shot at Woo or Hancock.

9 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

I have not.  I've seen reports, and I believe them, that they need offense, or they are not going anywhere.  So, they may be desperate as well to find hitters, and we have some of those that can contribute to them right now.  That's what kind of makes us good trade partners in my opinion.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to trade from their tremendous haul of prospects?

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Every Os fan would do that trade…but Seattle would laugh at the thought of it, much less an actual offer.

Then they can keep their great pitchers and rest them from October onward, because without some hitting, they're not going anywhere.  Of course, they may be able to find some hitting from other teams that are selling without giving up their pitching, but that remains to be seen.