AL playoff picture

eddie83

10 minutes ago, Wavetrapper said:

Whoever called this a slow motion train wreck a while back was spot on.  Maybe it was you.  When the season is over, the talking heads will just talk about injuries, injuries, injuries.   They won’t talk about the uninjured that didn’t come through when it counted.   We’re fortunate that KC and Minn collapsed recently.   This #1 WC should have been locked down already and the NYY series should have mattered.  

People will remember what they want to about 2024.  For me , it will be the season of never ending missed opportunities.    

Maybe the epitaph should be written after they’re dead?

Ober is the Twins pitcher tomorrow, along with DET Skubal and KCR Ragans as @Warehousealready mentioned.

If Jay Jaffe's favorite chaos gets enough run this week, all three could need Tuesday-Sunday work for their clubs, limiting them probably to emergency game 3 work on three days rest the following Thursday if their ALWC series goes that long.

The Royals finish in Atlanta, where the Braves could be alive or dead depending on results of the big ATL-NYM early week series.

9 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Ober is the Twins pitcher tomorrow, along with DET Skubal and KCR Ragans as @Warehousealready mentioned.

If Jay Jaffe's favorite chaos gets enough run this week, all three could need Tuesday-Sunday work for their clubs, limiting them probably to emergency game 3 work on three days rest the following Thursday if their ALWC series goes that long.

The Royals finish in Atlanta, where the Braves could be alive or dead depending on results of the big ATL-NYM early week series.

Yeah. Would benefit Orioles if Braves beat Mets at least twice or better sweep. 

After this weekend, the Orioles would NOT be in playoff position if they were in the NL. Instead of in 4th place in the league, they would be in 7th. 

That's an indictment of how bad the last few weeks have been, even though the O's are likely going to hold onto that AL4 spot. 

5 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

After this weekend, the Orioles would NOT be in playoff position if they were in the NL. Instead of in 4th place in the league, they would be in 7th. 

That's an indictment of how bad the last few weeks have been, even though the O's are likely going to hold onto that AL4 spot. 

And if Arizona was in the AL last year. Well you get the picture.

5 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

What if the Twins, Tigers and Royals weren't 33-3 against the White Sox?      Sorry, Mariners, Rays and Red Sox.

I do think for the White Sox this weekend against the Tigers is kind of "their playoffs", and one of those games will be close.

19 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Still 3rd best record in AL.  

2 hours ago, Wavetrapper said:

Whoever called this a slow motion train wreck a while back was spot on.  Maybe it was you.  When the season is over, the talking heads will just talk about injuries, injuries, injuries.   They won’t talk about the uninjured that didn’t come through when it counted.   We’re fortunate that KC and Minn collapsed recently.   This #1 WC should have been locked down already and the NYY series should have mattered.  

People will remember what they want to about 2024.  For me , it will be the season of never ending missed opportunities.    

What if they win the World Series?  I'll wait for the season to be over before deciding how to remember them.