Hays traded to Phillies

deward

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Orioles West said:

I assume you are driving him to the bus station? Cheaper than a plane ticket anyway.

Despite me being fed up with Hays and how terrible he's been at the plate for almost a year now, I recognize that he's a good dude and was well liked by his teammates here.

For that, a limo to BWI and a private jet to Philly.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Love this deal. Dominguez is such a good candidate for the ol' Orioles reliever tune up and Pache helps with the CF picture. I imagine he will platoon with Cedric/Cowser in center? Either way, and regardless of how it works out for either side, a very memorable trade in Orioles history...

Adios, Austin. You were a good Oriole.

9 minutes ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

Sad to see Hays go on a personal level.  Came in the rough era and always seemed like a team first guy who his teammates loved.  

A couple of understatements: Hays is going to a contender, and he won't miss the LF wall distance at T. Rowe Price Park. 

I guess this means Cowser is a full-time LFer/CFer, and that he (and Kjerstat) will be less likely to be pulled for a pinch hitter if they go up against LHers late in a game, though Montcastle and Pache (.662 OPS vs. LHers this season) remain possibilities. 

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Since June 12 if I’m counting right Hays started 6 games vs RHP. I think 36 games. 

Still issue hitting LHP for the team. Defense clearly upgraded and S.D has upside. Curious if anymore position player deals or this was it.  

Pache has some Jorge Mateo vibes. Very high-end fielder in CF, great arm, right-handed hitter, pretty passable against LHPs (.698 career OPS), entirely unusable against RHPs. Good speed, but not a base-stealer.

The interesting thing about him being in this deal is that it feels a whole lot like exactly what you would do to clear up the ability to trade Cedric Mullins.

• Upvote 2