Is Mullins the next to go?

I think Pache was just a security for injury. Does he have options? He is a true bench OF. I wish he had shown better use of his speed on the basepaths. I think he basically just stays until he isn't needed anymore. Probably through spring training and DFA'd at some point next year. He's just the new Ryan McKenna.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think Pache is just slightly more valuable than Tony Kemp.

Well, Kemp is more valuable if you require a significant number of at bats.  Pache’s role, if he stays on the roster the rest of the year, should be as a defensive replacement for Kjerstadt, O’Hearn, Norby, or whoever else Hyde runs out there as a starter.  

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I think Pache's ability to stay on the roster depends on his ability to hit left-handed pitching.  He did that in 2023.   He has not been as good at it so far in 2024.

Vs. LHP, 2024/Career

Pache .662/.698

Mullins .381/.629

Cowser .672/.656

He’s not that great vs. LHP, but he’s significantly better than Mullins.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, terpoh said:

He does seem redundant on this roster now, and he should have a little trade value, although not much. Would see what we would need to add to Mullins and Mounty to Seattle to get Luis Castillo. 

Would Mullins/Mounty/Beavers get us Castillo?

Probably not.  Maybe if the O's substitute Norby for Beavers.  Mariners are trying to get better offense this year.

18 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

For all the banging on Ceddy, he has a .289/.326/.556 over his last 30 games.  And that catch robbing Manny today… IMG_9801.gif.ab2b111fe88fa5dae6254c60f10d7e48.gif

At the time of the catch, Mullins might have saved the game. It wasnt a HR, but if Mullins doesnt make the play, its likely a triple.

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

At the time of the catch, Mullins might have saved the game. It wasnt a HR, but if Mullins doesnt make the play, its likely a triple.

Thats why hes here, defense still counts, with hays gone he probably stays

That catch today has me sold on Mullins. You cannot, I repeat, you cannot win without strong defense up the middle: SS-2B-CF. You just don't replace a glove like that. If he can hit at least around the Mondoza line, the job is his.

On the other hand, his value is probably peaking after this catch goes on all highlight reels. Tough decision.

Unfortunately, I don't think Kjerstad is ready to handle LF at Camden Yards.  We need Cowser in LF, at least for home games, which means we need to keep Cedric to play CF.  He's been playing better as of late, so there's no urgency to trade him.   

You specifically called out Cedric and said he "never had that in Philly".  That's a clear shot at Rojas who is a fine defender.

I don't get the tendency to dismiss players on other teams.  Other teams can have guys that are good.

• Upvote 1