Grade the Rogers for Norby/Stowers trade

Frobby

Grade the Rogers for Norby/Stowers trade  

190 members have voted

1. 1. How do you grade the Rogers for Norby/Stowers trade?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/31/24 at 23:35

Norby's Orioles game logs run June 3-8 (6 days) and July 25-30 (6 days) so I think he's got 12 days of service at the moment.

9/1 seems about right.

Delayed gratification, he'll probably get to hit leadoff a fair bit in 2025 as a featured Rookie of the Year candidate might.

Poetically, the Norfolk Tides visit the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp at the end of August.   

2 hours ago, interloper said:

So far Norby has only played 2B for the Jumbo Shrimp, so I guess they're working on 3B on the side for now? 

Meanwhile Stowers has 9 Ks in 15 AB so far. 

Trying to turn Norby into A 3 basemen, when he should be getting ABs at MLB level, Theres a reason Miami is Bad. Stowers?, Please already

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Surely he’s pressing 

Probably.  He probably realizes this is the best chance he’s ever going to get to establish himself as a ML regular.   There’s gotta be some self-imposed pressure there.   What he does these next two months could determine if he’s considered an incumbent heading into next spring or right back to being just another guy fighting for a job.

As they say, he probably needs to try less.

Edited by RZNJ

29 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Probably.  He probably realizes this is the best chance he’s ever going to get to establish himself as a ML regular.   There’s gotta be some self-imposed pressure there.   What he does these next two months could determine if he’s considered an incumbent heading into next spring or right back to being just another guy fighting for a job.

As they say, he probably needs to try less.

Whatever He needs to fish or cut bait, not a big fan of his but finally he gets a chance, he needs to run wit it.

On 7/30/2024 at 4:05 PM, Fiver6565 said:

Grading trades is silly because no one here has even the first clue what else was available for these two players, what else would have gotten this particular player from MIami, or literally anything else behind the scenes. Tons of posts stating we should have gotten more for Norby - how do you know this?  How do you know teams are looking for this guy? Teams are paying a LOT for pitchers of all qualities and of various years of control after this year, clearly the market was hot for sellers, as has been reported ad nauseam.  We had to improve the pitching staff, and if the price for Skubal was as its been reported 2 of the big 3, I'm glad we didn't go in that direction, because that's just outrageous.  Rogers and Eflin as just as good as any other pitcher floating around out there the last couple of weeks, except for maybe Fedde - I think we all agree that trade was just bizarre though, so its more of an outlier than anything else.

That is a great point.  BTW, Norby is back at AAA and Stowers is OPSing .200 in 20 AB with the Marlins.  11 K, 0 BB.  We got what we could get for those 2.

16 hours ago, Cuellar35 said:

That is a great point.  BTW, Norby is back at AAA and Stowers is OPSing .200 in 20 AB with the Marlins.  11 K, 0 BB.  We got what we could get for those 2.

Fast overreaction….. Norby is being tried at 3B which is better to experiment at AAA. Stowers is obviously pressing to impress his new team. It’s only been 20 ABs. Stowers is Holliday but Jackson was putrid in his first dose of regular at bats.

27 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

This reminds me of some quotes from Verlander when he was first traded to Houston way back when.  Nice that the Os are now the organization that has the new ideas!!

(and NO, I am NOT comparing Rogers to Verlander impact wise, to be clear)

• Upvote 1