Remember-Elias traded Tanner Scott 2 years ago for garbage. Good drafter. Horrible GM when it comes to trades.

37 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Oh yeah and the Jorge Lopez deal was a fleece 

Wasn't that Bradish guy, like, one of the top pitchers in the MLB, or something? 

Edited by emmett16

54 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am talking about when Elias traded Scott to the Marlins in 2022....with years of control left....for absolute garbage. 

What Did Miami get for Felix, What did Cleveland get for Santa and there are 100s if not thousands of other examples. Its baseball players develop at different speeds. If youre going to figure out the result of a Horse Race years after its run, you will never be wrong

He just traded for the number 3 prospect and number 33 prospect in all of baseball from 2019 and gave up nothing to get them.  Some young players get better some get worse.  Your gonna miss on things a lot more then you are going to hit.  

12 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I wouldn't say Burnes.  Unless they resign him.  If not?  Knowing what Elias knew about Means and Bradish when he made that trade?  I would rather have multiple years of Ortiz and Hall.  

Burnes has been very good.  Not great but very good.  But none of that matters if you can't back that up during the one year we have of Burnes.  And I would say Elias has not.

I disagree that Burnes has been “good not great”. He’s been everything we could have hoped for honestly. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

What Did Miami get for Felix, What did Cleveland get for Santa and there are 100s if not thousands of other examples. Its baseball players develop at different speeds. If youre going to figure out the result of a Horse Race years after its run, you will never be wrong

The point is after today's trades by Elias.....which I think completely sawked.  Combined with last years deadline trades.....which we KNOW sawked?

He gave away two higher level prospects for a 5th starter.  And then made a trade for a guy who is useless and will only block our prospects.

IMO he should not be making trades.

Making 1 out of 4 good trades, like with the Bundy trade, is not being a good GM.  That is being a bad GM. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Negative. 

I stand corrected then. Definitely add that one to the good list. He’s honestly had a really good track record with trades. He’s fleeced a lot of teams. 

2 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

Tanner Scott was awful with the Orioles. What would you have traded to the Orioles for him?

People need to stop spinning this narrative.  No he wasn't awful.  He averaged well over a strikeout an inning as a prospect.  Again....a PROSPECT.

And the point of my thread is, as I said 2 years ago....why even trade him in the first place?  It made no sense. I would not have traded him period.    Elias keeps preaching he needs high rev, high strikeout guys....and yet he traded away maybe the highest strikeout guy we had in our system.

My guess is he wasn't one of 'his guys' so he said sayonara. 

• Downvote 1