2024 Trade Deadline Aftermath

Sanfran327

3 minutes ago, coe76 said:

Does Slater have options?  Not great stats for him.

Slater has more than 5 years of service time which means he cannot be optioned without his consent. 

I can't imagine both him and Pache sticking around on the same roster. At least one of the two will be DFA'd. 

So it seems like only 2 of Kjerstad/Jimenez/Slater/Pache can coexist on the same roster. Kjerstad is the best player of the 4 but has the options remaining. Pache is the best defender by far and has no options, but Slater/Jimenez were just acquired and don’t have options either. Don’t really love the bench dynamic with Jimenez because he’s such a brutal fielder.

Just now, LGOrioles said:

So it seems like only 2 of Kjerstad/Jimenez/Slater/Pache can coexist on the same roster. Kjerstad is the best player of the 4 but has the options remaining. Pache is the best defender by far and has no options, but Slater/Jimenez were just acquired and don’t have options either. Don’t really love the bench dynamic with Jimenez because he’s such a brutal fielder.

Yeah I would be fine with one of Jimenez and Slater but both?  That causes an issue.  I'm not sure what the point of the Slater move was.

1 minute ago, Orioles0615 said:

Quantity over quailty

That's a pretty pessimistic view of things. We turned over and improved the bottom 20% of the roster, which was weighing us down like a boat anchor. A lot of the trickle-down will greatly improve the supporting cast. The top end of our roster was and remains pretty well loaded with talent. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

So we are sending Kjerstad down?  WTF

I don’t want him sent down but he’s 2-18 since the concussion. It’s possible that there are some mental hurdles he has to clear and is struggling with things right now. We don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes with him, so I think it’s fair to wonder if there is something going on.

28 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Hunt is not included in your 26 so an additional player needs to go - I'm guessing Kjerstad.

Hunt and Varva are just on roster because they were on taxi squad and we had 24 guys on it once Norby was traded and Irvin DFa.   They both probably stay on roster then taken off tomorrow after day game.  

• Upvote 1