Westburg Fractured Right Hand

RVAOsFan

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

That was never not the case, this video isn’t needed to know that.  He wasn’t ever going to come back from a fractured hand any sooner that. Any thought that he was was nothing more than desperate speculation. 

Be that as it may, hearing somebody taking grounders and 1 handed swings can be mean a lot or very little in terms of his progression. In this regard, he's clearly not ahead of schedule, so that's really where I'm coming from on my response. 

18 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

OK, now I'm much less sanguine about Westy. This means his one-handed swings were his left arm, and he's not throwing so no stress is being placed on the fractured hand. Which makes sense since, well, it was fractured fairly recently. But I'm thinking we're not going to see Westburg (if at all) until the end of September. 

That was always my thought. End of month. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

What is your impression of Holliday’s defense?  Better, about the same, or worse than Mateo’s?   

In my opinion, it isn’t close.  Mateo has more range, a much better arm, and far better defensive instincts than Holliday.  I’m not saying I’d be starting him over Holliday on a regular basis, but I’d love to have him as an option on certain days and late in games for defensive or baserunning purposes.  

I would keep Holliday at 2B the rest of the year.  No doubt, Elias has the data to determine whether Holliday can make the changes to be at least average at 2B.  This organization ran out Odor at 2B for the best part of the year I fail to even understand why.  His mediocre offense didn't cancel out his bad to horrible defense.  I don't see why Holliday can't be average,he's got the athleticism, and enough arm strength (not ideal), and he's a hard worker.  I would like to put Mateo in CF next year and snag a McKenna type guy for him to platoon with.  Bringing back Mullins for $9 mill seems like money that could be better used elsewhere--like RF 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I would think if the cast is off the bone has healed.  I can see him taking a week to 10 days to get his flexibility back and maybe ready for a rehab.  

It's not just flexibility....he needs to get his strength back as well.  Some atrophy does set in when a hand is immobilized for that period of time.  I imagine it won't be real comfortable hitting baseballs the first week or so. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I would think if the cast is off the bone has healed.  I can see him taking a week to 10 days to get his flexibility back and maybe ready for a rehab.  

I’d be thrilled with three MLB games before the playoffs start. Anything more is just gravy. 

• Upvote 2