Jimenez, Rogers and Slater activated, Soto recalled. Kjerstad and Akin optioned, Pache DFA'd, Westburg to IL

MurphDogg

26 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

That was quick, he was just DFA'd yesterday.

Before July 31, when you DFA someone, you have up to (7?) days to try to trade him before he goes on waivers.   I guess after the trade deadline there's no sense waiting to start the waiver process.  So the White Sox and Rockies passed and the Marlins grabbed him.

I am sure I will get roasted for this, again, but Trevor Bauer is killing it in the Mexican league.  And believe it or not there are a lot of former major leaguers who play there.   I am particularly impressed by the infielders that play in that league.  They make everything look effortless.  I would say some of them would be either GG or near GG in the majors.  They obviously just can't hit enough. 

Anyway he is first in wins at 10-0.  First in strikeouts.  2nd in ERA. 

You can't tell me he wouldn't have been better than some of the guys we got at the deadline.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Before July 31, when you DFA someone, you have up to (7?) days to try to trade him before he goes on waivers.   I guess after the trade deadline there's no sense waiting to start the waiver process.  So the White Sox and Rockies passed and the Marlins grabbed him.

As far as I know, Cole Irvin is still in DFA limbo, so maybe he's not getting claimed. He was DFA'd two days before Pache, and Pache is already claimed.

56 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am sure I will get roasted for this, again, but Trevor Bauer is killing it in the Mexican league.  And believe it or not there are a lot of former major leaguers who play there.   I am particularly impressed by the infielders that play in that league.  They make everything look effortless.  I would say some of them would be either GG or near GG in the majors.  They obviously just can't hit enough. 

You can't tell me he wouldn't have been better than some of the guys we got at the deadline.

Credit to you for scouting the Mexican League.   No one else wanted to.

Edited by RZNJ

1 hour ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Let's just sign the guy who is first in ERA. Zac Grotz. Two years younger.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Credit to you for scouting the Mexican League.   No one else wanted to.

You’re really missing out. 

There’s a tight race going on for league MVP. 41-year-old Robinson Cano has the name recognition, but we’ve got a familiar face right in the hunt. 

Former Norfolk Tides 1B Lewin Diaz is in the mix. I’m sure we all remember him well as a roughly league-average hitter in AAA, known more for his glove than his bat (career .567 MLB OPS). He’s Superman in the Mexican League, though, ranking 3rd in the league in OPS with a slash line of .376/.452/.647/1.099. 

Not quite MVP level, but we’re also seeing exciting career renaissances from former Orioles in 37-year-old Henry Urrutia and 31-year-old Dwight Smith, neither of whom has played in the big leagues in several years (or a decade, in Urrutia’s case). Urrutia is hitting a scalding .358 between two teams and Smith joins him in having an OPS comfortably above .900 for Charros de Jalisco.

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

You’re really missing out. 

There’s a tight race going on for league MVP. 41-year-old Robinson Cano has the name recognition, but we’ve got a familiar face right in the hunt. 

Former Norfolk Tides 1B Lewin Diaz is in the mix. I’m sure we all remember him well as a roughly league-average hitter in AAA, known more for his glove than his bat (career .567 MLB OPS). He’s Superman in the Mexican League, though, ranking 3rd in the league in OPS with a slash line of .376/.452/.647/1.099. 

Not quite MVP level, but we’re also seeing exciting career renaissances from former Orioles in 37-year-old Henry Urrutia and 31-year-old Dwight Smith, neither of whom has played in the big leagues in several years (or a decade, in Urrutia’s case). Urrutia is hitting a scalding .358 between two teams and Smith joins him in having an OPS comfortably above .900 for Charros de Jalisco.

Do they test for PEDs?