Trevor Rogers 2024

Just Regular

24 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

So, Flaherty was a credible target?

the Flaherty acquisition wasn’t too bad, although I didn’t want him. To be honest, I was dealing with other things so I don’t remember at the moment who I did want instead, but I remember that Flaherty was something of a consolation prize and I was hoping he would turn out to be OK.

But the point remains valid, buy the best. Don’t shop at Kmart.

44 minutes ago, Spakman said:

Can we please stop arguing about this trade. it was a bad trade no matter how it turns out. How can you dispute that?

Ok boys and girls.  Let's pull it in.  This one is over.  No matter what.  It's over.  Last one out please turn out the lights.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

So it was a bad trade even if it turns out to be a good trade.

You're right, no one could possibly dispute logic that airtight.

Yes, it’s a bad trade no matter what, because we gave up too much. Even if we can fix him and he becomes Cy Young. We gave up way too much for a bad pitcher.  You’re not supposed to give the value of what you think you may be able to turn some picther into to the team that he sucks on. Yeah if he was young and had potential yeah then maybe you pay a little bit more than his current value. This guy has almost no potential, and he’s not young.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

What 

Just now, Prodigyx said:

He's only 26, if that's not young then I'm on my deathbed.

I’m also pretty sure you haven’t been in the major leagues for four seasons. And this is a trade deadline acquisition to try to help the team now. Not some Pet project that you give up good players for.

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’s less than two months older than Stowers.  

Yeah, he may not be old in age but in experience in the MLB he’s pretty old and pretty bad to still have a starting rotation job. How many teams would he have been starting for except for the Marlins? And it’s not just that how much potential does he really have with the stuff he has? In my opinion not much.