Blue Jays Series 8/6-8/8

7 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

They don't make the schedule.  

But Cito still sucks.

They may not make the schedule, but they certainly pick what times the games start.

Edited by Spakman

Hard to ever say a regular season game is "must win" unless its a literal elimination game. But just feels like these games against Toronto/Tampa/Washington are games that we HAVE to take advantage of. Teams that are out of it, and punting to 2025. Yes they have some talent still and some young guys playing well, but these are games we need to win as a team trying to contend. 

14 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Hard to ever say a regular season game is "must win" unless its a literal elimination game. But just feels like these games against Toronto/Tampa/Washington are games that we HAVE to take advantage of. Teams that are out of it, and punting to 2025. Yes they have some talent still and some young guys playing well, but these are games we need to win as a team trying to contend. 

I think the bigger importance is the Yankees August schedule.

3 vs. LAA

3 vs. TEX

3 @ CHW

3 @ DET

3 vs. CLE

3 vs. COL

3 @ WAS

3 vs. STL

That's a pretty darn easy schedule.  Obviously they have to play the games but I would expect a pretty good record for the rest of the month for them.  O's need to try to keep up against the lesser teams as well.

4 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

They don't make the schedule.  

But Cito still sucks.

Actually, I think that for the most part home teams DO choose the gametimes, just not the dates.

The exceptions are:

• When league rules force them to play a day game on a getaway game in certain situations (I would have thought today would fit that category but obviously it doesn't)
  • When games get picked up for national broadcasts with specified times like the 7:15 Fox Saturday games, the Sunday  morning Roku game, or the ESPN Sunday Night baseball.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, probably not intentional.  

I agree it didn't appear intentional.

When you look at the facts, it's a pretty big coincidence if they weren't intentional:

• Burnes hadn't hit a batter all year, and had gone 26 starts without hitting a batter
  • The Blue Jays hit McCann in the face the day before.
  • Burnes hit two guys, both with 2 outs, one with a 4 run lead and another with a 5 run lead

Gotta win tonight. The Os next 6 games aren’t all “must wins” but they really need at least 4 and should win 5 of them, starting with tonight.

After these 6 games, the Os have Boston, NYM, Astros and the Dodgers over a 14 game stretch.  The schedule loosens up after that but they need to get the games they have to win right now, especially with the Yankees schedule right now.

9 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Big win last night. Hyde getting ejected may have fired us up or at least put the ump on notice. With our young team he might want to start getting ejected more in game 1 of a series. 

Or prevented Hyde from making stupid substitutions like pinch hitting for Holliday and Cowser.  I wonder if he ever gets feedback on in game moves, like pinch hitting for your 2 hottest hitters isn't the smartest move.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Or prevented Hyde from making stupid substitutions like pinch hitting for Holliday and Cowser.  I wonder if he ever gets feedback on in game moves, like pinch hitting for your 2 hottest hitters isn't the smartest move.

We’re the #1 pinch hitting team in MLB. We’re also having the best pinch hitting season season in club history.