White Sox Losing Streak

Filmstudy

1 hour ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

You never know but the White Sox are one of the worst owned and managed professional sports teams. I mean they hired Tony freaking La Russa a few years ago who was like 80 years old. They have pretty much always been terrible outside of that one random 2005 world series when they caught fire in the playoffs.

I agree that our current ownership/GM combo looks to be very good right now and I'm very optimistic about the future.  I'm just saying, what's that old expression?  Be careful how you treat people on the way up, good chance you pass them again on your way back down.

And let's not act like our franchise hasn't been terrible for the majority of the past 4 decades or so.  Hopefully that's over for the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

The only way it could be likely is ME used big prospect capitol ( Big 3 ) to acquire what is now elite pitching ( Skubal, Crochet ). and then have that blow up in his face. His vision is now in focus,build a top 2 or 3 offense that has staying power and fill in the missing Pitching pieces thru FA or minor trades. The cost of Pitching has to come down with all of this attrition.  

Exactly right! And that is why I am a huge fan of the Orioles front office today, led by ME. And please don’t say it’s because I’m a homer, because I was a very vocal detractor from previous Oriole front offices. Thrift was bad, and Dan Duquette was not any better. I know that is not universally agreed to, just the way I saw it.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I really pity the White Sox fans right now.  Getz is only in his first year as GM and just handled his first trade deadline very ineptly.  I don’t think Reinsdorf is capable of admitting he made a mistake in hiring Getz after only one year, so he will stick with him.  Meanwhile, they won’t even get a top 10 pick out of this miserable season due to the draft rule changes.  It’s going to be a long time before we see another relevant White Sox team.  

Agree.

Might be the most incompetent handling of a trade deadline I can recall. And that’s including the abysmal return of a half foot out the door Dan Duquette.

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

It was 115 losses in 2018, don't shortchange the O's.  Still can't figure out how a team that had Manny, Adam Jones, Gausman, O'Day, Britton, anong others lost 115 games, one of the highest totals ever and more than the O's teams in 2019 and 2021 that were devoid of talent.

That year alone may be one of the biggest reasons Buck never sees the Hall of Fame.

9 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

With their loss to the A's on Mon night, they tied the Orioles AL record of 21 straight losses.

In order to have themselves erased from the record books, the Orioles are now depending on a .412 team which is playing at home but abandoned its city to beat a .235 team in a dual-purpose stadium that will not be fulfilling either in 2025.

It was the White Sox who put a merciful end to the Orioles streak in 1988.

The 1961 Phillies lost 23 in a row.  The O's will remain in the history books because the 21 straight losses was to start the season.

On pace for the worst run differential in the modern era, on pace for the most losses in the modern era, tied for the worst winning percentage in the modern era and have already tied the AL consecutive losses in one season record. They're so bad that they're 15 games back of the 2nd worst team the Colorado Rockies. For comparison, the last place  Blue Jays are 16 gamers out of the best record in baseball. So the gap between the Blue Jays and the best record in baseball and the gap between the White Sox and Rockies is roughly the same. 

What’s crazy is they are this bad in spite of having two of the top coveted pitchers on the deadline trade market. Now that Fedde is gone and Crochet is winding down usage wise, it might actually get worse, as hard as that is to imagine. The guy who started last night for them was in AA as recently as the beginning of July, and only had like 4 starts with mediocre numbers in AAA before getting the call. 

Dumpster fires look at the Sox and think ‘damn it could always be worse I guess’

Here's the extra kick in the groin. Luis Robert has completely fallen apart. His K% the last 4 years

2021: 20.6

2022: 19.2

2023: 28.9

2024: 36.3

He's now sporting a .210/.278/.424 line good for a 92 wRC+ and his formerly well regarded CF defense is now considered more average than anything. His bat is trending in the wrong direction lately as well. Since July 15th, 66 plate appearances, his K% is up to 48.5%, his wRC+ is 18 on a .143/.182/.254 slash line. If he doesn't get red hot before the end of the season, they're not going to get much for him in the offseason. 

8 hours ago, 1fingerwillie said:

Makes me sad. That was the season I really fell in love with the Os.

Believe it was Billy Ripken who was called up right after the AS break, and went on a 10 game hitting streak or some type of spark that year

44 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The funniest part about this is that they can’t draft higher than 10th in next years draft.

Is that because of where they picked in this year’s draft? I keep thinking it’s more like the nba lottery draft

Edited by Since1984

6 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Here's the extra kick in the groin. Luis Robert has completely fallen apart. His K% the last 4 years

2021: 20.6

2022: 19.2

2023: 28.9

2024: 36.3

He's now sporting a .210/.278/.424 line good for a 92 wRC+ and his formerly well regarded CF defense is now considered more average than anything. His bat is trending in the wrong direction lately as well. Since July 15th, 66 plate appearances, his K% is up to 48.5%, his wRC+ is 18 on a .143/.182/.254 slash line. If he doesn't get red hot before the end of the season, they're not going to get much for him in the offseason. 

How could an intelligent GM not know to trade him last off-season.  The WS have Getz I guess that's why they didn't.  Robert has his first season in forever, it seems that would be the time to trade him.