8/06 @ Toronto (Cito still sucks)

1 hour ago, HowAboutThat said:

Nice seats behind home plate.

Meanwhile, how about a round of applause for Mr. Suarez? He’s doing very well so far.

I’m about an hour behind in the game, and thus the thread. 

So were you the guy in the white shirt, waving and seated just behind the ump?

Edited by NashLumber

3 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

And unless you think 1 run would have won this game, it hardly even matters considering the offense has 1 hit and 1 walk. They have been almost as bad as Soto. 

I really do think 1 run could have won this game. I think Smith could have gotten through the 6th and maybe the 7th. Then, go with 2 of 3 (Cano, Perez, Kimbrel). I think we push maybe 1 more run across if we're ahead (Toronto is used to losing close games and Bassitt probably would be lifted after 7.)

So, no good reason AT ALL for Hyde to lift Smith for Soto, a guy who has earned no trust whatsoever thus far in a high-leverage spot. (Smith -- 10 pitches and 1 single to a professional hitter). An indefensible move.

1 minute ago, forphase1 said:

He had sucked prior to today.  We didn't need him blowing the game today to back off on him.  Should have let him work things out in non-high leverage situations.  Not in a key moment like that when Smith was dealing.

So they trade for someone so after 2 games you weigh that more than his entire career and season?