8/8 vs Toronto

Since1984

Need Grayson back if this team is going to do anything this year.  And going to have to actually spend money on a real FA SP next year if we want to be a real life Major League Baseball franchise.  We’ll see.  Probably we end up with a new scoreboard and Kikuchi.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FloridaBirdFan said:

Idea: Pull Kremer and save him for Orioles BP.  

Pleeease……………!!!  🤯

Ok, and replace him with whom, pray tell? The fearless leader ME doesn’t draft pitching, and they have approximately zero depth.

Edited by HowAboutThat

1 minute ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Mountcastle will be under 700 OPS by end of year. Guy has lost some muscle.

No one can drive pitches way off the plate but he keeps swinging at everything anyway.

6 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

How many times can I say this? 

Holliday cannot throw. I mean obviously he can.  But for right now?

He could not hit the broadside of a barn.   He has no idea what he is doing. 

I see it.  I see Mayo also.  I see Henderson.  It has been an explosion of suck defense at a level  I can not remember worse.  Maybe 2012?  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Emory Eagle said:

Need Grayson back if this team is going to do anything this year.  And going to have to actually spend money on a real FA SP next year if we want to be a real life Major League Baseball franchise.  We’ll see.  Probably we end up with a new scoreboard and Kikuchi.

Well we already know 2 spots are going to Kremer and Rogers.

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

13 hits in 24 innings against one of the worst pitching staffs in the MLB, after they had 9 hits combined in the first 2 Cleveland games. 

They aren’t turning it around anytime soon with the offense completely no showing multiple times a week to go along with the obvious pitching issues.

Watch out for the guys that throw the stats in your face. I’m not arguing that the stats aren’t the stats but a lot of them get skewed on the surface. This team goes through way too many cold spells to be a serious contender. 4 or 5 innings at a time with barely any base runners….several times a week.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Gausman stuff is so mid he's only struck out one O.  That's hard to do when we have guys like Mountcastle that swing at anything and Mullins that really suck at making contact.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Gausman stuff is so mid he's only struck out one O.  That's hard to do when we have guys like Mountcastle that swing at anything and Mullins that really suck at making contact.

Mountcastle has to go.  Mullins has to go.  Start from there.

They are both basically auto outs.  When a team knows that going into a game?  It makes it much easier for them.

There must be some reason the Orioles played such clean consistent ball for most of 22, all of 23 and the first several weeks of 24, and have been awful since then? It’s not just injuries, which only took away solid pitchers. It’s the terrible EVERYTHING ELSE: bad baserunning, countless laughable errors, bad ABs, bad pitch-calling(regardless of whom is calling them) lousy communication in the field, just completely sloppy playing. 
they’ve only had one coaching change, making Anders Grant head of development( couldn’t find anything else) so either the coaches have just gotten terrible, or there’s something else wrong. 
But there is something very wrong.

Edited by HowAboutThat

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

There must be some reason the Orioles played sich clean consistent ball for most of 22, all of 23 and the first several weeks of 24, and have been awful since then? It’s not just injuries, which only took away solid pitchers. It’s the terrible EVERYTHING ELSE: bad baserunning, countless laughable errors, bad ABs, bad pitch-calling(regardless of whom is calling them) lousy communication in the field, just completely sloppy playing. 
they’ve only had one coaching change, making Anders Grant head of development( couldn’t find anything else) so either the coaches have just gotten terrible, or there’s something else wrong. 
But there is something very wrong.

Could be Eagles like situation.