Elias missed not picking up Jorge Lopez

LookitsPuck

I see Lopez as a guy like Kimbrel... We know he can get hot for stretches but it's a matter of time before he blows up. I would not want him anywhere near high leverage innings in the playoffs no matter how well he's pitching over a month or two.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Last year, Elias made a terrible decision picking him up.  This year, he missed on this big chance. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Last year he was pitching poorly. He had a 5.09 ERA with the Twins and a 9.26 ERA with the Marlins when Elias picked him up.

This year he had a 3.76 ERA with the Mets. And the O’s bullpen wasn’t as deep as 2023.

Keep making those bad faith analogies.

Edited by LookitsPuck
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Allan Bryant said:

So am I . His son’s name is Mikela, he has a rare disease . I pray for his son’s health and family too .

Yup. I remember seeing that his son is on some transplant list. Maybe that’s why Baltimore worked for him because of the children’s hospitals in the DMV. That’s why Surhoff wanted to stay. 

There’s a difference in “hot head” level from throwing your glove in the stands, versus what Delmon Young/Duran said. Heck, our dream boy Mason Miller broke his finger punching a table. 

• Upvote 1

2022 is two years ago, Hes been a mess since he was traded. Was brought back last year( was disaster ). Having some success now, but for how long. Elias missed on nothing, traded him at exactly the right time, got Cano and Povich.