METS August 21…going for a series win with mighty Cole Irvin

HowAboutThat

Just now, dtk9119 said:

All goes back to the off-season when EVERYONE knew this team needed BP help and Elias just continues with his reclamation projects. Biting him in the arse which is well deserved. 

Yep. Think about. He knew we lost the league's best closer. And that Means and Braduish were iffy. I guive him credit for Burnes but we all knew we needed more.

Just now, bpilktree67 said:

You gotta get more from offense but Mannea pitched a great game and used the gigantic strike zone to his advantage.  The other teams have players that are paid professionals too.  

Like I said if they don't figure out how to start hitting good pitchers they won't even be competitive in October if they even make it there

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Cano struggles to get out lefties this year too. Not sure I'd feel good about a closer that lefties slash .254/.315/.463/.778 off of. 

Your guess is as good as mine who they should use. Right now, Hyde has no choice but to use these guys. Maybe give Perez a shot? He pitches well in high leverage.  

My strategy would be taking any pitcher in the minors not name Brandon Young and shortening them up. You need 1-2 guys to catch fire. We have until August 31st to figure this out.

were just not good enough right now. 2 one run losses. Today slater 2 run homer everybody else 0. Monday it was Mounty and Urias 3 for 7, The rest 2 foe 25. Outscore the mets By 2 lose the series. It's getting late guys.

3 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

He didn’t have to throw at full speed. He could have at least slowed down. And he threw at about a 45 degree angle to his direction of movement. None of that was necessary. And many of his bad throws have resulted from that kind of unnecessary full speed throw on the fly kind of play.

Sometimes there’s no choice, I get that. But frequently,he does.

Why is throwing at full speed showboating when he had to make sure the throw would beat the runner?  In case you weren't paying attention, it was a close play...any slower, the runner would have been safe outright.

45 degree angle?  Why's that showboating other than you don't like how it looks?

3 minutes ago, brooks1083 said:

At least we get the Rockies and White Sox after that.

Not sure I feel good about this team playing "lesser" teams. They seem to play to the level of the team they ae facing. And besides, I can't imagine a much worse bullpen than the Orioles right now. Nobody can feel good in a close game with this crew, and the offense on most nights is not exactly lighting up the scoreboard unless they are having a homer game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, toughbuff1 said:

What a pathetic excuse of a bunch of guys I'm seeing.  And I'm not talking about the O's, I'm talking about some of you so called 'Fans'.  With the amount of injuries this team has had, it's a miracle we're even competitive.  I know it's frustrating to lose to a walkoff, but to call this team a pile of trash, after they're battling every day is a joke. 

The bullpen is awful. There’s no way to sugarcoat it.

Well Seranthony should get a lot of calls for pitching in the HR derby. Gunnar would have won it if he was pitching.

Not a closer, not really anything but another cast off from a better team

Give the O's a lot of credit they were competitive against a very mediocre Mets team, and we have our better starters lined up against the Astros so maybe we can split, but its hard when your bullpen is going to lose every 1 or 2 run game.

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Imagine picking up 3 Phillies reliever castoffs and not thinking this would happen. Elias really showing some major warts.

Phillies GM be giggling when he wants to get rid of an inconsistent pitcher with good velocity.  "Mikey likes them! He really likes them!!"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

All goes back to the off-season when EVERYONE knew this team needed BP help and Elias just continues with his reclamation projects. Biting him in the arse which is well deserved. 

They had a decent pen coming back.

1. Kimbrel

2. Cano

3. Webb

4. Perez

5. Coulumbe

6. Wells

7. Tate

8. Aiken

9. Baumann 

All who were pretty good last year.  Its not like the had 5 guys and a bunch of garbage after that.