METS August 21…going for a series win with mighty Cole Irvin

HowAboutThat

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Phillies GM be giggling when he wants to get rid of an inconsistent pitcher with good velocity.  "Mikey likes them! He really likes them!!"

It should be mighty telling that the Phillies wanted to trade 2 relievers when their bullpen wasn’t very good to begin with.

4 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

They had a decent pen coming back.

1. Kimbrel

2. Cano

3. Webb

4. Perez

5. Coulumbe

6. Wells

7. Tate

8. Aiken

9. Baumann 

All who were pretty good last year.  Its not like the had 5 guys and a bunch of garbage after that.  

Tate was hurt, Aiken was bad, Baumann was inconsistent and numbers were worse than his ERA, Wells was hurt. That’s not a defensible pen.

6 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Imagine picking up 3 Phillies reliever castoffs and not thinking this would happen. Elias really showing some major warts.

Yeah I'm not sure how the "better" trade deadline relievers are doing but Elias failed to get anything remotely like a solid relief pitchers

Padres got Tanner Scott and Brian Hoening and they are verytmuch WS contenders

The Phillies dumped their trash on us and signed Carlos Estevez

I'm sure there were other impact relievers but Elias had another big miss on our #1 priority offseason and trade deadline

and my big question is what is possible to keep 2025 being another year of the same garbage.

Irvin with a decent outing but once again this so called great hitting team mustered up what they usually do and scored 3 runs on what 3 hits or whatever. If only it was just the pitching. This team is a mess all the way around.  What are they now 4 or 5 games under since mid June. 

Two questions.

Does anybody think that Elias will DFA Kimbrel or do I just need to give up on that dream?

I looked at the Norfolk roster the other day and there’s really nothing there from a relief pitching standpoint that seemed worth taking a gamble on. Just the same old retreads that we used to.  Desperate times call for desperate measures. Is there anyone at Bowie that could possibly come up and help?

6 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Yeah I'm not sure how the "better" trade deadline relievers are doing but Elias failed to get anything remotely like a solid relief pitchers

Padres got Tanner Scott and Brian Hoening and they are verytmuch WS contenders

The Phillies dumped their trash on us and signed Carlos Estevez

I'm sure there were other impact relievers but Elias had another big miss on our #1 priority offseason and trade deadline

and my big question is what is possible to keep 2025 being another year of the same garbage.

Look anyone would be a fool to say Elias hasn't done a good job here but one has to ask themselves this the Rogers trade and Soto trade looks horrible then he gave away T. Scott, little Yaz and Christian Walker for nothing. So he wins some and lose some like any other GM. We need to stop acting like he is infallible. It's ok to criticize his work. Also Tony P. has uncovered how his drafts hasn't been going all that well  either the last 3 years. 

Edited by Baseball fandom