8/22 vs HOUSTON

eddie83

The O’s are 6-37 with RISP. The Astros are 5-9 tonight.

The announcer said it didn’t feel like a 6 run performance. That’s because they got extremely timely hits, something the Orioles offense is apparently not capable of.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

To be fair, I don't think there's such a thing as controlling where the ball goes.

What is a pull hitter or an opposite field hitter, then? I know your point is generally true that they can't control it with laser precision, but there's definitely a relationship between training / physical tendencies and where the ball goes.

Same with shortening up on the bat. Bunting. Baltimore chop. There are techniques.

Looks like the Yankees are heating up again. We're definitely playing for a wildcard, probably the second wildcard, and that's far from a guarantee. Odds are probably about 40% to make the playoffs after tonight's loss, if I were a betting man (I'm not).

Just now, allquixotic said:

Looks like the Yankees are heating up again. We're definitely playing for a wildcard, probably the second wildcard, and that's far from a guarantee. Odds are probably about 40% to make the playoffs after tonight's loss, if I were a betting man (I'm not).

3rd wild card at best