Stick a fork in us

DocJJ

I'm fresh out of optimism.  We are losing to sub .500 teams.  We've lost too many starting pitchers.  Our bullpen is lousy.  We've stopped hitting.

Tonight our best starter got shellacked for the 2nd start in a row while we are shut out by a 5-11 5.48 pitcher.

I think we are done for this season...

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, gtman55 said:

I said this in another thread. We're decimated with injuries and even if by some miracle we make it to the playoffs, we're not going anywhere, unfortunately.

The problem is the offense there isn’t any. And that’s not really because of injuries.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 24fps said:

Anybody else see this thread coming?

Sure.  It's not really wrong though.  This team is in serious trouble.  It's okay, we'll hope for a miracle this year and then look forward to next season.  Some ugly baseball going on right now.

Baseball seasons often take surprising turns, so you won't find me sticking any forks in. At least not until they are actually out of a playoff spot. 

But-- it does now feel like it'll take a surprising turn or two to get them back to an elite level of play. 

1 minute ago, Spakman said:

The problem is the offense there isn’t any. And that’s not really because of injuries.

It's not just the offense. Come on. Our pitching is awful and losing Eflin for a while and Burnes getting roughed up recently is the last straw.

It's not just the offense. Come on. Our pitching is awful and losing Eflin for a while and Burnes getting roughed up recently is the last straw.

Burnes  could be pitching an eight inning shut out right now and they still not be winning

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spakman said:

Burnes  could be pitching an eight inning shut out right now and they still not be winning

And then tomorrow we'll score 7 runs and lose 8-7. Sure the offense is wildly inconsistent but our pitching is still an even bigger problem.

Look, I'm not arguing that our hitting has been good recently. It's downright putrid at times.

And then tomorrow we'll score 7 runs and lose 8-7. Sure the offense is wildly inconsistent but our pitching is still an even bigger problem.

Look, I'm not arguing that our hitting has been good recently. It's downright putrid at times.

This seems wildly optimistic

Its good Burnes collapses this year so we don't give him 240 million and he gets tommy John by June of next year.  So that is a good thing.   

But all joking aside this team is finished.  There is nothing left.  They are done.  Our stud hitters are all super youngsters and have not got the mindset of killers yet.  And we have no stud pitchers.  We don't have a single dependable relief pitcher.  Thus this year is basically over.  

This series has 2005 White Sox series feels. That was in late July and the Os had been sliding for a few months. Two out of the four games were on national TV. Four game finished us off and led to manager firing. I know everyone will argue how this year’s team and the 05 team were soooo different, but were they really?

6 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

People always say we are making the playoffs and being so many up on the wild card. Those people forgot a certain in 2011 

What will be our chicken and beer controversy?  They should fire Hyde and bring up Buck Britton.