How Many More Wins?

Bahama O's Fan

1 hour ago, HowAboutThat said:

One win in each remaining series, plus an extra against the Tigers, for one series win. That’s the most disappointing 89-win season I’ve ever experienced.

Oh, and in the playoffs, a 2014 redux. Royals sweep.

2014 redux?   So we get to the ALCS?

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

That’s true.   I’ll be shocked if things play out that way.   I just don’t see a scenario occurring where we get swept by the Yankees but equal them in wins.  And man, would I HATE that outcome.   

Well at least until we sweep them in the postseason en route to a WS.

• Upvote 1

The Twins will be in a similar position to us, maybe even more so as their ALWC probability higher than ours.

Maybe their 3rd starter goes that final weekend, but Pablo and Ober are probably laying up for Tuesday-Wednesday.

The Orioles could have more temptation to pitch Burnes or Eflin those last days chasing a division title and bye.

L tonight

L 2/3 @ DET

W 2/3 SFG

L 2/3 DET

W 2/3 @NYY

L 2/3 @MIN

7-9. Even though they win the tie breaker vs NYY they will finish 2 games behind in AL East.

Hope I am wrong but we have too big of a sample size since mid-June.

For the real answer, I'm going with 9 in the regular season which I think will be just shy of being enough against the Yankees. I'll then go with a knock out in the wildcard round, winning 1 game, so total: 10. 

The more optimistic answer, I'll say Rutschman heats up, Grayson, Coloumbe, Webb and Westburg all return (Urias too), Burnes returns to form, and they go at least 11-5 in the last 16. Win the division. And then win 3 in the ALDS, 4 in the ALCS and 4 in the World Series, making it 22.  

• Upvote 2

I’m going with nine wins. Strangely, I still feel like they have a hot streak left in them somewhere — certainly almost out of time for it. I liked the effort last night in Boston after they got stomped the night before. A little fire left in there, maybe in time for the post-season.