Clubhouse issues?

Sports Guy

Yikes.

Though I'm not sure who Dean wants playing instead.  What, he wants Maton out there?  Mayo and his defense at third?

I'd be a little pissy if I were him and I just threw that game and the team ended up losing...but I dunno what Dean wants when he says the guys who make the decisons of who plays, who doesn't play and all that stuff."  Like there are clearly better options right now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, milbest77 said:

Oof, throwing the FO under the bus. Careful there, bucco. But, I agree. Something smells….BAD….

Do we want it to smell bad?  Is this some sort of confirmation bias?

It seems like there’s a contingent of people on here who want that blood in the water so they can justify calling for Hyde’s head or Elias’ head…all because they feel the need to be able to point the finger at someone for the recent slide.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yikes.

Though I'm not sure who Dean wants playing instead.  What, he wants Maton out there?  Mayo and his defense at third?

I'd be a little pissy if I were him and I just threw that game and the team ended up losing...but I dunno what Dean wants when he says the guys who make the decisons of who plays, who doesn't play and all that stuff."  Like there are clearly better options right now.

He said it’s not his job to tell us . His job is to make it on field and pitch.  That question should be asked at Hyde , he’s the one who fills the lineup and make decisions . He’s the one I’m asking 

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It seems like there’s a contingent of people on here who want that blood in the water so they can justify calling for Hyde’s head or Elias’ head…all because they feel the need to be able to point the finger at someone for the recent slide.  

I didn’t say I wanted it to smell? Just pointing out something. Based on the performance since the all star break, how can you not start to point fingers?

24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Accidently posted twice. My bad. 

Edited by DEOriolesfan
Duplicate post

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

A recent slide? I could give you a few weeks of bad baseball and chalk it up to the result of a 162 game season- but this ship has been rocky since the All Star break. 

The front office refuses to make any significant moves to bolster the big league roster. Opting for journeymen and Marlins castaways and hoping they can be fixed. 

I’ve long been a critic of Hyde’s. He got them through the rebuild but he’s not the guy to lead us to a World Series. His bullpen management is horrendous. It’s like he doesn’t understand that the other team can also make moves. He doesn’t have much fire or passion in the dugout. He doesn’t stand up and defend his players like he needs to.  I think he’s lost the clubhouse. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DEOriolesfan said:

A recent slide? I could give you a few weeks of bad baseball and chalk it up to the result of a 162 game season- but this ship has been rocky since the All Star break. 

The front office refuses to make any significant moves to bolster the big league roster. Opting for journeymen and Marlins castaways and hoping they can be fixed. 

I’ve long been a critic of Hyde’s. He got them through the rebuild but he’s not the guy to lead us to a World Series. His bullpen management is horrendous. It’s like he doesn’t understand that the other team can also make moves. He doesn’t have much fire or passion in the dugout. He doesn’t stand up and defend his players like he needs to.  I think he’s lost the clubhouse. 

Now there’s a take. Be ready for the torch-wielding villagers, though!

4 minutes ago, DEOriolesfan said:

To be fair we are missing some pretty big pieces with all the injuries we have and we'd have 5-10 more wins and would be running away with the division if we had stayed relatively healthy IMO. That being said.. I'm not a huge fan of Hyde's BP managemnt either and Elias trades have been kinda meh BUT I am not even close to wanting him gone haha