Sept 15 vs Tigers — which Cade Povich will we get today?

ShoelesJoe

At some point you have to question the intelligence of these hitters...cant lift balls, cant move runners, impatient, and mostly bad at bats...its been a continuous loop of the same thing...game after game..why swing at first pitch after a leadoff single? SO many balls hit on the ground to the right..

Very much ready to have O'Hearn back to being a part time guy. He did the same disappearing act last September as well. Just not an every day guy and has completely been exposed. Play Rivera and Tony at 1B and let Mayo/Kjerstad play the other spots.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Injuries are part of it. Underperformance by key hitters is another big part. Adley has been under .600 for three straight months. O'Hearn slipped in August and has completely collapsed in Sept. Cowser and Santander are down. Mullins has had a great September and Gunnar has been Gunnar, but that isn't nearly enough to offset all the injuries and slumps. 
    • Lol this is a take from the 90s. Washington is in danger of being fired solely for constantly airing out his players and buy most is seen as a relic of a bygone era that the game has passed by. Dusty Baker consistently lost with the best talent.  Until of course the year before he retired. This is the same guy who played hard headedly played a below replacement level catcher in Maldonado instead of a top prospect due to “veteran leadership”. so no while I don’t love Hyde if these are the options let’s stick with him.
    • We do know that Rubenstein is all about that T Rowe money, land rights, and throwing hats. 
    • The BP might be an afterthought, Felix is back, which could make everybody better. Danny, and SA have options, Soto is arb eligible, everybody else is still under team control
    • We don't know what constraints the new owner has put on him.
    • Wow that's really bad about not winning series. Also you said the offense has been a little bit better?  My goodness how bad was it prior that this enimic offense has been a little bit better then before 
    • When I'm tempted to blame the injuries, I remember the hideous stretch of baseball just before the All-Star break where the team scored four runs in five games and went 0-5 against the Cubs and Yankees with a healthy Westburg, Mountcastle, Urias, and Mateo. If not for Alex Verdugo falling down it would have been 0-6 with seven runs in six games. Hell, they even had midseason Austin Hays to match up with instead of Slater. Maybe this is what they always were. 
  • Popular Contributors