Sept 15 vs Tigers — which Cade Povich will we get today?

ShoelesJoe

Just now, terpoh said:

Very much ready to have O'Hearn back to being a part time guy. He did the same disappearing act last September as well. Just not an every day guy and has completely been exposed. Play Rivera and Tony at 1B and let Mayo/Kjerstad play the other spots.

I wish O’Hearn would hit like September 2023. Dood was solid.

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

If we had Stowers/Norby, that’d be ideal.  it doesn’t help out this roster much. 

I've said this a few other times but Norby is 1/21 and 10 k's recently. This board would be killing him and writing him off just like Holliday and Mayo right now. Not to mention, Hyde would not be playing him with any consistency with a stretch like that. A lot of people seem to be caught up in his hot streak. Who's to say Mayo wouldnt be able to put together a similar hot streak if given ANY semblance of consistent at bats.

Just now, SilverRocket said:

I'm questioning the intelligence of the people in the game thread, complaining about swinging at pitches right down the middle.

It all depends on the result.

You take pitch one and it's a strike you're a bum.

You swing at pitch one and don't get a hit you're a bum.

It's all after the fact analysis.

Also blaming catchers for umpire incompetence is in today.

2 minutes ago, terpoh said:

I've said this a few other times but Norby is 1/21 and 10 k's recently. This board would be killing him and writing him off just like Holliday and Mayo right now. Not to mention, Hyde would not be playing him with any consistency with a stretch like that. A lot of people seem to be caught up in his hot streak. Who's to say Mayo wouldnt be able to put together a similar hot streak if given ANY semblance of consistent at bats.

If they were on this roster they could platoon in RF and Santa could play 1B.  Thats all I meant. 

Just now, SilverRocket said:

I'm questioning the intelligence of the people in the game thread, complaining about swinging at pitches right down the middle.

3 minutes ago, terpoh said:

I've been saying that for weeks...im not saying Mayo I gonna be Ted Williams from the get go...but if he doesnt get at bats, he cant get into his swing rhythm..I think he'd be worth a shot..

4 minutes ago, terpoh said:

And before that 1/21 he was amazing and probably helps the O’s win a few games just on the offensive outburst alone.