9/18/2024 MLB Virtual Ballpark Game

fansince1988

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I've also noticed that Adley appears unhappy in so many moments lately over the past month or so. Even when the game is neutral in momentum.

Would you be happy if you were hitting the way he's hitting and the team has been losing the way they have been losing?

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Would you be happy if you were hitting the way he's hitting and the team has been losing the way they have been losing?

No, but would I be scowling like I've seen him do? Probably not. Because that's baseball and being angry doesn't help digging out of a slump.

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

For anyone who thinks team chemistry and clubhouse construction doesn't matter, all this started when they began trading away a bunch of players who had been in the organization a long time and added a dozen strangers all at once. It's possible some of guys who have been Orioles for most of the careers don't get along with some of the new guys that just arrived.

Who did we trade from the big club aside from Hays? Who seemed annoyed most of the time aside from when he was proselytizing.

Just now, Yossarian said:

Do they not teach catchers to put the throwing hand behind the back any more?

You would think. I'm honestly shocked that McCann would have his hand there. The guy on 1st was slow two, but either way, there is no reason not to have you hand tucked. Maybe a brain fart?

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

They're only missing Rio Ruiz at 2B.

I've actually been saying for the past few days that I'd like to see Hanser Alberto on this team right now, instead of Eloy.   And I mean it.  Why not?   He hits LHP, which we need.   He puts the ball in play and gets a lot of hits.   Maybe that isn't the approach that the entire team should take but having one guy who can do that at least goes a long way to avoiding these games where we just have 1, 2, or 3 hits constantly.

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

For anyone who thinks team chemistry and clubhouse construction doesn't matter, all this started when they began trading away a bunch of players who had been in the organization a long time and added a dozen strangers all at once. It's possible some of guys who have been Orioles for most of the careers don't get along with some of the new guys that just arrived.

The Orioles were 12-17 in the last 29 games that Hays was on the roster. Stowers and Norby had a combined 69 PA’s this season and contributed next to nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

If you watch them play at all, there's plenty of reason for fear.  They are playing like their hairs on fire.  And I'm not buying into the White Sox angle - we've had plenty of opportunity to wrap this up and we are pissing away every chance.  Still plenty of chances in fact, but I'm having a hard time even picturing a win right now.  A single win.  Webb tomorrow, Detroit handled us pretty well last weekend, then NY and MN?  Who is sure there are there are three wins in there?

It is true the Tigers are playing well, but process/outcome if Scott Harris was so smart why'd he pull Flaherty off that roster?

I do think Riley Greene is scorching enough this weekend could open the gamesmanship of whether the IBB is a worthwhile tactic against top hitters.

Tigers finish the sweep of Royals - Royals playoff odds are in decline too.

Some scenarios Yankees might be resting guys early next week.

ADLEY, that needed to be a HBP, sir.