BALTIMORE Orioles @ Rangers 4/13/09

PrivateO

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst strike zone I've seen in quite awhile. Is this ump from Texas? The pitchers had to throw it over the plate or they would have been walking every batter. I didn't see an Oriole pitcher get one pitch on the outside or inside corner tonight. I'm really surprised we were able to hang on and win this game. The last few innings the Oriole hitters looked like they couldn't wait to get back to the dugout. Swinging at everything. Jones struck out on a pitch down in the dirt and way outside. He must have had to make a phone call. Koji didn't complain tonight but he had his game taken away by this ump. He works the corners and it didn't look like he got one corner pitch tonight.

This was a big win to start the road trip. If we can split (3-3) I will be satisfied but a 4-2 road trip would be great.

Koji was realllly getting squeezed on outside pitches. I remember seeing quite a few outside pitches to left handed hitters that left me scratching my head. Terrible strike zone today.

I thought he was squeezed in every direction. High, low, inside, outside. The box score tonight won't tell the real story.

I thought he was squeezed in every direction. High, low, inside, outside. The box score tonight won't tell the real story.

He definitely was getting squeezed all over. But those corners he just wasn't getting any calls. I agree about the box score comment.

Archived