2024 Playoff ticket availability

fansince1988

Looking at the Orioles website, looks like tickets are still widely available for every home playoff game in multiple sections, especially LF upper deck. I can't recall a playoff run when it was this easy to get playoff tickets at OPCY. Does anyone know if any of these games are close to being sold out? 

7 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

Looking at the Orioles website, looks like tickets are still widely available for every home playoff game in multiple sections, especially LF upper deck. I can't recall a playoff run when it was this easy to get playoff tickets at OPCY. Does anyone know if any of these games are close to being sold out? 

Certainly not last year. But they clinched very early last year. 

I'm guessing it's because we still don't know if the O's will actually host a game. The O's could go 0-4 and the Tigers go 3-0 and the O's travel to Detroit, for example. And up until a couple days ago, it wasn't even 100% that they'd make the playoffs after playing mediocre baseball for months. 

With the caveat that forecasts a week in advance are often wrong -- the current forecast for next Tuesday doesn't look good.

And some people might be more inclined to go to a night game where they don't have to take off work.   Last year the day 1 / day 2 games were scheduled for 3:00, 4:30, 7:00, and 8:30.   I suspect we will wind up with day games.

For the first time, buying in the general pre-sale was not the way to get the best price. They jacked up the ticket prices and only offered upper-deck seats and I was not smart enough to realize it.  Since then, prices have come down and so re-selling any extras on stub hub is not actually a way to make money.  Also, I am frustrated that they held back some good seats that were not offered to season ticket holders, and now they are available to the general public. My "early access" Flex Plan has not offered any advantage on seats.

47 minutes ago, lifelongbirdfan said:

For the first time, buying in the general pre-sale was not the way to get the best price. They jacked up the ticket prices and only offered upper-deck seats and I was not smart enough to realize it.  Since then, prices have come down and so re-selling any extras on stub hub is not actually a way to make money.  Also, I am frustrated that they held back some good seats that were not offered to season ticket holders, and now they are available to the general public. My "early access" Flex Plan has not offered any advantage on seats.

I was extremely happy with what I got through the Flex Plan early access sale.

First of all, based on what I have read on the board here about what tickets went for in the general public sale, I got a HUGE discount.   And I got very good seats.   Tuesday night I'll be in Section 8, around the 10th row.   For my ALDS game, I'll be in the upper deck behind first base, Row 2.   And for my ALCS game, I'll be in the upper deck behind 3rd base, also Row 2.  

1 hour ago, Wavetrapper said:

I imagine they will go quickly once home field secured.   Given how this season has gone, there may be some hesitancy until that happens. 

I don’t think they promoted it that well. Saw nothing on their twitter page day they were available. Hopefully with guys back and way we have looked that excitement will generate some interest. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Weak fan base 

I’d say the prices have got out of control. And couple that with the fact they're going to steal your fees if there’s a game or not. The games will  sell out. You must be bored

46 minutes ago, Spakman said:

I’d say the prices have got out of control. And couple that with the fact they're going to steal your fees if there’s a game or not. The games will  sell out. You must be bored

It’s not really anymore expensive than last year. I stand by what I said. It’s a complacent weak fan base that is already taking meaningful late season games for granted.

2 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

Inflation is kicking everybody's butt.

2 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

Certainly not last year. But they clinched very early last year. 

I'm guessing it's because we still don't know if the O's will actually host a game. The O's could go 0-4 and the Tigers go 3-0 and the O's travel to Detroit, for example. And up until a couple days ago, it wasn't even 100% that they'd make the playoffs after playing mediocre baseball for months. 

The games are also during the week, and people might prefer waiting/hoping to go to a Divisional game instead.

Game 1 just has LF upper deck seats remaining at $111 a pop. Ain’t cheap.