First pitch at Game 1?

Moshagge3

Now that postseason games at Camden Yards are assured, who should throw out the first pitch? I really wanted Trey Mancini last year, but it's possible his status as an active player complicated that. I don't think that would be a problem this year. I think the place would go crazy for him. What say you?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Now that postseason games at Camden Yards are assured, who should throw out the first pitch? I really wanted Trey Mancini last year, but it's possible his status as an active player complicated that. I don't think that would be a problem this year. I think the place would go crazy for him. What say you?

I suggested Delmon Young in another thread. Most people to this day says his hit was the loudest they ever heard the stadium  but Trey would be a really good one too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

I suggested Delmon Young in another thread. Most people to this day says his hit was the loudest they ever heard the stadium  but Trey would be a really good one too.

Eddie or Cal,have JJ sing the anthem.

We need to do it right this time and have Cal throw out game 1 first pitch. Don’t f around. 

I like Wes Moore, mostly because the dude is a huge O’s fan, but let’s get this right. It’s Cal all day.

Maybe for Game 2 you have Bautista come out with his entrance from the dugout and do it. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We need to do it right this time and have Cal throw out game 1 first pitch. Don’t f around. 

I like Wes Moore, mostly because the dude is a huge O’s fan, but let’s get this right. It’s Cal all day.

Maybe for Game 2 you have Bautista come out with his entrance from the dugout and do it. 

Let us know how you feel, @Tony-OH!

18 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Yeah I don't get that whole Cal thing either.

Why the hell are Orioles fans so obsessed with the greatest Oriole who ever lived who is also the most broadly famous Oriole who ever lived?

I just don't get it .

If there was only one game where someone could throw out the first ball, and I had to pick someone who most represented the team, I’d go with Jim Palmer.   I will concede that Cal probably had the better individual career and is perhaps more well known nationally.   But I’ll take the guy who has been affiliated with the organization for 60+ years, played in every World Series the team ever was in, and has educated all Orioles fans in the nuances of the game for four decades.   The truth is, Orioles fans have an intimate knowledge of Jim Palmer’s opinions and personality that they just don’t have with Cal. They know him, he’s one of them.   And he’s probably only got a limited time to continue doing things like this.   So he’d be my pick.   

• Upvote 2

I don't know why people wouldn't understand the love for Cal.  For someone born in the early 80's and after, he's basically the face of the team and one of the best players to ever play for the team. I was born in 82, so I never saw Palmer pitch or a WS.  Cal is one of the most recognizable Orioles of all time and now a part time owner.  It's not really difficult to see why Oriole fans, who haven't had very much good the last 40 years, would still have an affinity for Cal.  

With that said, I'd much rather Palmer throw out the first pitch as opposed to Cal.  There's actually a good handful of people I'd rather do it than him.