5/28. Hernandez Debut. O's vs. Tigers

PrivateO

He doesn't use a screen. So he generally doesn't look at the stadium gun before he calls the pitch. So he is simply calling it as he sees it.

Yeah, I know he is.

It's just amazing to me how often he's wrong. You would think he'd get one right occasionally.

It's not a huge big deal, just something I've noticed.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your right...since 7 days is hardly a case study to use for a pitcher who has tons to prove from severe mediocrity

the whole point of him going to AAA was to fix whatever was wrong. His stats since returning have proved that he "fixed" something.

He has been good since he was recalled. Should we not trust him? Are you a pitching scout?

He got that K didn't he? i guess you're right though, even mediocre guys get the eventual K

Nice play by Tigers.

I wish Palmer was doing color tonight. I would've loved to hear him talk about DH, the strike zone, and Thorne's pitch calls.

I wish palmer did color every night. Not that i hate buck, but palmer is great!

Ordonez deked him into thinking he was gonna catch it.

Does not matter. If he catches it, then you go back to the bag. The only time you should be on the bag when the ball is in the air is if you are going to tag. That was not going to happen there so he should have been several steps off the bag towards third as he originally was.

Does not matter. If he catches it, then you go back to the bag. The only time you should be on the bag when the ball is in the air is if you are going to tag. That was not going to happen there so he should have been several steps off the bag towards third as he originally was.

Gotcha.

He was probably going to bluff, like he did from third to see if he could get Ordonez to "Swisher" it into the third base dugout.

Archived