5/31 Tigers @ Orioles

isestrex

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regardless of small sample size...you have to admit he has had a higher pct of swinging strikes.

No, you don't have to admit anything. That's exactly WHY he's saying it's a small sample size. Because it skews results.

I don't know much about Crowley' date=' but I feel like this is where the criticism of him comes into play. Let's get some baserunners and work the count a little.. But hey, what do I know..[/quote']

You can't make it a continual practice to wait for the fourth pitch before you ever swing. There has to be a mix of both patience and aggressiveness or other teams will figure it out and groove pitches you'd love to hit if not for the fact that the fans think every at-bat must include at least six pitches thrown.

Berken can deal, I like this kid a lot. Doesn't play around and has an idea, sound familiar? It must be the water down in Bowie & Norfolk because these pitchers come up and act like they're trying to stay here.

Berken has 86 pitches through 6 innings.

You can't make it a continual practice to wait for the fourth pitch before you ever swing. There has to be a mix of both patience and aggressiveness or other teams will figure it out and groove pitches you'd love to hit if not for the fact that the fans think every at-bat must include at least six pitches thrown.

I'm not saying every guy should do that, it's just watching a guy like wigginton swing at the first pitch and pop it up, it's frustrating.

Archived