Live Mock Draft... Monday at 8:30pm

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another one that makes a ton of sense....will someone pick something I don't agree with????

Really, the only pick of this entire draft that I really don't think is right is our pick at 5. We are taking Wheeler, IMO. Other than that, I think I've agreed with every single pick in that they all make sense.

I want him too, but Stotle is right, White is a real option there, and if he doesn't go there I think CIN gets him at 8.

Hey guys, just got back from Tempe where I watched Clemson (alma mater) v. ASU. Thought I'd give my two cents on Leake as I just saw him pitch from the second row behind the screen.

Although I did not have a gun, it did not appear that he had major league pop on his fastball. His curveball, however, was ridiculously good at times. That being said, we (Clemson) hit a lot of hard balls against him and we were not a particularly good hitting team this year. Despite his gaudy numbers, both my friend (an ASU alum) and I questioned whether he would be a good major league pitcher after we watched him.

Their #2, Spence, was very impressive last night.

I wish Spence could pitch every game. He's a character, and it's like watching wiffle ball. I don't think it plays particularly well at the ML level, but he'll probably go earlier than he should because of his results this year (though the injury had him sitting a lot at the end).

Leake's late life on his fastball and short arm action on the back side help it to play up, since it jumps on the hitters.

1:15 Cleveland Indians, Tanner Scheppers, RHP, St. Paul Saints

The kid has too much talent to drop any further. Let's assume the Indians brain trust have examined the medical reports and feel Tanner is healthy. If he is healthy this pick is a steal.

Scouts have said "He's got the best arm action, delivery and stuff in this draft behind Strasburg, and it's a cleaner arm than Strasburg,". Scheppers is learning to harness his curveball and to throw an effective changeup. Though Dr. Lewis Yocum has given him a clean bill of health, teams considering Scheppers near the top of the draft still have some trepidation. He still should become a top-10 choice, a year later than expected.

The kid has too much talent to drop any further. Let's assume the Indians brain trust have examined the medical reports and feel Tanner is healthy. If he is healthy this pick is a steal.

Scouts have said "He's got the best arm action, delivery and stuff in this draft behind Strasburg, and it's a cleaner arm than Strasburg,". Scheppers is learning to harness his curveball and to throw an effective changeup. Though Dr. Lewis Yocum has given him a clean bill of health, teams considering Scheppers near the top of the draft still have some trepidation. He still should become a top-10 choice, a year later than expected.

I like it. Good place for him.

I wish Spence could pitch every game. He's a character, and it's like watching wiffle ball. I don't think it plays particularly well at the ML level, but he'll probably go earlier than he should because of his results this year (though the injury had him sitting a lot at the end).

Leake's late life on his fastball and short arm action on the back side help it to play up, since it jumps on the hitters.

Yeah, must be the Aussie in him. He threw one pitch last night that had to be 50 MPH. We did not know if it was intentional because it was very high and very outside or whether he had just lost his balance and threw one up there to complete his motion.

Our line-up is very lefty-laden and we have had problems with lesser lefties this year so we are probably not a great indicator as to how good he will be.

Speaking of the injuries, his back was reportedly tightening up on him in the second and Murphy thought he was going to have to come out. We never noticed and he pitched right through it and a went the distance.

I think the price tag might make the Indians somewhat apprehensive, but in the end this is probably what they will do. If they have money issues worse than we think . . . we might see Arnett here.

Yeah, must be the Aussie in him. He threw one pitch last night that had to be 50 MPH. We did not know if it was intentional because it was very high and very outside or whether he had just lost his balance and threw one up there to complete his motion.

Our line-up is very lefty-laden and we have had problems with lesser lefties this year so we are probably not a great indicator as to how good he will be.

Speaking of the injuries, his back was reportedly tightening up on him in the second and Murphy thought he was going to have to come out. We never noticed and he pitched right through it and a went the distance.

It was intentional. He has been working on it and said he would break it out in super regionals. Clocked at 57 -- had to be around 8-10 ft. arc at its highest point. Kid is hilarious.

In game, Murphy said Spence was "pitching on fumes" after the sixth, but that he was going to stay out there.

Rmember, he hadn't gone more than 4 IP (I believe) since his injury to his middle finger.

1:16 Arizona Diamondbacks... Bobby Borchering, 1B/3B, HS (FL)

Very good switch-hitting youngster and arguably the best prep bat in the draft, including Tate.

I'd choose the same way.

1:17 Arizona Diamondbacks... Mike Trout, OF, HS (NJ)

Outstanding talent and a rising player with serious helium. Second only to Tate regarding their physical skill-sets.

I'd choose the same way.

I think the price tag might make the Indians somewhat apprehensive, but in the end this is probably what they will do. If they have money issues worse than we think . . . we might see Arnett here.

I was thinking Purke, they need high end pitching to compete in that div.

Just FYI

Right now I don't have Aaron Crow or Tanner Scheppers going in the

first round. Teams in the top 10 are telling me that neither is a top

choice for them, with a few teams pointing to medical concerns on

Scheppers, and everyone pointing to their belief that neither player

will sign for less than what he turned down last year. Of course,

either player could go later in the round or even afterward and still

get a seven-figure bonus, but more than one scouting director or GM

has said to me in the past few days that he doesn't want to risk a

first-round pick on a player who might not sign.

From the latest Law Mock Draft if you guys haven't seen it yet...

SOunds like the right analysis to me -- are you sure you even want me hanging around anymore? Why not trim the fat? :)

1:16 Arizona Diamondbacks... Bobby Borchering, 1B/3B, HS (FL)

Very good switch-hitting youngster and arguably the best prep bat in the draft, including Tate.

I'd choose the same way.

1:17 Arizona Diamondbacks... Mike Trout, OF, HS (NJ)

Outstanding talent and a rising player with serious helium. Second only to Tate regarding their physical skill-sets.

I'd choose the same way.

Borchering makes sense to me. Trout . . . I don't know about Trout. I think Arizona will go with an advanced pitcher who is an easy sign like Brothers, Paxton, or Arnett. Trout is making a bull rush of late.

Archived