Draft Green or trade for a SS?

In theory, the Orioles are likely going to have to look for a long term SS in trade...Now, maybe someone in our system develops or maybe we nab a SS in this draft that ends up being good but let's say we need to trade some of our current young arms for a SS...What would be better? Drafting a pitcher and trading pitching for a SS or drafting Green and keeping what we have?

In theory, the Orioles are likely going to have to look for a long term SS in trade...Now, maybe someone in our system develops or maybe we nab a SS in this draft that ends up being good but let's say we need to trade some of our current young arms for a SS...What would be better? Drafting a pitcher and trading pitching for a SS or drafting Green and keeping what we have?

Not to be simplistic but I say draft the BPA and inject the superior talent. Sort it out later.

If they are equal, draft the SS. Middle infielders are more difficult to come by and you risk overpaying in a trade IMO (no research has been done to support that statement).

I would say trade for one. I think that we need to find one that can take over once Izzy's contract runs out, just in case. With out lineup I do not think that we need to get a slugger to play SS. I think that we just need a good fielding SS (like Izzy, but younger). Has there been anything new on Hardy/Escobar from Milwaukee? One of those two would still be my preference. We do need to get a young SS in the system soon IMO.

Archived