4th round pick Randy Henry RHP

Our best bet is to let this guy build some strength to see what we've got. I like the reports about his FB getting back up to 95-96, so hopefully he regains his confidence back up in the breaking stuff. I'll like the pick more if he can get back in the rotation, but sounds like he could have the ability to play in the back end of a bullpen if healthy.

Seems like a lot of better talent out there before this guy.

Maybe they feel he would have been rated a lot higher if not for the elbow injury?

I agree, there is better talent available, and there's a chance that this guy would have been available a few rounds later. Henry wasn't an easy guy to see this Spring, so I wonder how many clubs got a good look at him? Jordan must have seen something he really liked.

Henry could be a good one. Potential first round talent had the classic injury in senior year takes away scholarship problem (I can relate). This is just his first year recovering from TJ surgery and he's hitting 94-96. Wait til next year, you are going to say "where did this kid come from?"

Very similar to the Bascom pick. What the heck do any of us know anyway? :scratchchinhmm:

Not sure this is a good comp other than the injury. Bascom had top two round potential, but Jordan fell in love with Bascom's change-up. Also, Bascom would have been a college senior if he had been allowed to play for his school after his junior season.

This kid is younger and sounds more like Beato - agewise and working his way back from major surgery.

Henry could be a good one. Potential first round talent had the classic injury in senior year takes away scholarship problem (I can relate). This is just his first year recovering from TJ surgery and he's hitting 94-96. Wait til next year, you are going to say "where did this kid come from?"

Exactly, Im glad someone said this, folks hafta realize that just because he blew out his arm and didnt get seen much doesnt mean he is a bad prospect. Its because he was injured and didnt pitch much that we were able to steal this talented kid in the 4th round. To me he is just like the Bundy pick but maybe a bit better even. JJ isnt just throwing darts at a blank screen, he knows what he is doing, this kid obviously possesses serious upside or else we would take him where we did under his own circumstances, my guess is that we will pick a few guys who dropped due to injury, its not a bad thing unless its labrum problems or something that is reoccuring like stress fractures etc.....

Amazing pick! Everyone bashing JJ this draft is out of their mind. There are no gimme picks, but JJ obviously saw the potential in this guy that most other directors missed. Even if this kid flops, JJ picked a guy who has the potential to have top of the rotation stuff. What else are you guys expecting?

Archived