13th Round- O's select 3b Tyler Kelly

Tyler Kelly, OF, UC Davis

Davis' top hitter this season is versatile switch-hitter Ty Kelly, who won the Big West batting title a year ago (.397) but dropped to .307 this spring, albeit with 20 doubles. Kelly is versatile, having played center field in the Cape Cod League last summer and third and second base in college. He's a better fit at second with gap power, average speed and an average to above-average arm.

Tyler Kelly, OF, UC Davis

Davis' top hitter this season is versatile switch-hitter Ty Kelly, who won the Big West batting title a year ago (.397) but dropped to .307 this spring, albeit with 20 doubles. Kelly is versatile, having played center field in the Cape Cod League last summer and third and second base in college. He's a better fit at second with gap power, average speed and an average to above-average arm.

Thanks for cloning yourself to cont to provide scouting reports as your original had to leave for work.:)

Just great....I was already having trouble keeping my Oriole-low-minors-3rd-basemen-named-Tyler straight. Now I'm going to have to learn Kelley in addition to Kolodny and Henson?

Until one of them shows that they can hit above Aberdeen, you can just call them Tom, Dick and Harry.

We need a 3B prospect in the worst way in this organization. This guy doesn't look like the answer to me--a 3B needs to have some power unless he can run like Chone Figgins or hit like Wade Boggs.

Archived