Bell hits first HR for Bowie

Big Mac

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2-for-2 so far tonight, with his second HR. He's hitting over .400 with Bowie now--I'd say he's responded well to the trade!

CRUSHED the HR to right center. Went about 430ft, and over the back wall. PURE power in that bat, his second AB he dropped the bat head a sharp breaking ball and lined it to center. His bat is going to play for real. Looked good ranging towards SS but didn't see anything to the backhand. Strong arm. Will add more to the tracker when I see a bit more of him.

CRUSHED the HR to right center. Went about 430ft, and over the back wall. PURE power in that bat, his second AB he dropped the bat head a sharp breaking ball and lined it to center. His bat is going to play for real. Looked good ranging towards SS but didn't see anything to the backhand. Strong arm. Will add more to the tracker when I see a bit more of him.

How's his swing? Short and compact? Real quick?

Bell is known for a strong arm.

His range is what has been the issue.

This kid sounds for real...It probably would have been worth it to trade Sherrill straight up for him, much less get a good second player.

He only had a couple hit his way, so I'm not ready to grade him yet or anything, but he ranged in front of the SS for a play in the 4th (thank god the way Rojas was fielding tonight). He also made a nice sliding stop towards short, popped up, spun and fired a laser on the money to first.

Quick, fluid swing. No wasted movement, he's got a real open stance with his front leg way outside towards the base.

Also it should be noted that this show of hitting prowess was done from the left side.

Thanks for the response. I'm kinda thinking eventually he's going to have to switch to being just a lefty. But hey, maybe we get lucky and he starts hitting from the right and it starts to click.

Archived