Bell hits first HR for Bowie

Big Mac

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance Bell sees AAA before the year is out? And any (realistic) chance Bell sees the majors before the end of 2010?

Maybe if Norfolk has a good chance at the IL playoffs? Moore done for the year?

If he's in AAA in 2010, then a hot start puts him in the big league picture. Especially if we have just Wigginton at 3B. Could see a scenario where Wigginton is traded in mid-season and Bell comes up to stay.

I think the real question is if Bell pulls a Markakis and skips AAA all together. I mean who is really going to be playing third?

Yeah, this wouldn't shock me. If this guy hits in the big clubs preseason games, then he might never go back down. He is a better option than Wiggy IMO. I may catch flack for this, but I would rather see Snyder at first and Bell at third, then Huff and Wiggy at the corners. 2010 would be very exciting if 20 members of the 25 man roster were making 500k or less. That would leave me to believe that a big signing or two would be on the horizon.

I'm really excited about Bell, but the only way I see him sniffing the majors next year is in a strict platoon situation. His stats from the right side are very poor and it doesn't make sense to have him try to improve from that side or experiment with L/L at the major league level.

Anyone for a Bell/Wiggy platoon? Other ideas???

This kid sounds like he is a big time prospect. However I'm curious to know what are his issues from the right side?? Lack of power?? Pitch selection??? No plate discipline?? He sounds like an absolute beast from the left side. Anyone see him going to the AFL this fall to work on his right side hitting??:)

As I said earlier in the thread, I really think he needs to prove he can be decent as a righty to be called up to the bigs. They aren’t going to call up someone who hits .204 from the right side of the plate in AA. His OPS is .500! points lower from the right side.

Any chance Bell sees AAA before the year is out? And any (realistic) chance Bell sees the majors before the end of 2010?

No and yes. There is only 3 weeks left in the season, players are where they are going to stay for the year minus organizational guys moving up or down to fill holes. He's advanced enough that should he get on a roll in ST he could be in consideration for 3rd if it's still open (although I think that's a bit of a stretch) and at least should be ready by midseason next year after starting in AAA. Depends on his spring.

Forgive me if this sounds lame, but how's Bell adapting to Bowie on a personal level? Has he become friends with his teammates already and such?

Like I said, forgive me if I sound like a huge lame-o. :P

He's got a built in friend coming over with Johnson, but I wouldn't worry, the guys in the Bowie clubhouse are really cool, there are a couple really funny personalities, and a couple that will make sure that he adapts well. Haven't talked to him yet myself to give you much of a read, but I wouldn't worry.

He's got a built in friend coming over with Johnson, but I wouldn't worry, the guys in the Bowie clubhouse are really cool, there are a couple really funny personalities, and a couple that will make sure that he adapts well. Haven't talked to him yet myself to give you much of a read, but I wouldn't worry.

I have been going to games in Bowie since 2000. I would say that this group of players are great. They really interact with the fans and I see them joking and cutting up with each other all the time. Also the manager Brad is really cool.

Archived