LA Angels

Wild Bill

You'd have to get Kotchman back-somebody who can hit. O's w/b left with Roberts-Mora-Tejada-Hernandez and almost zilch in the lineup thereafter, if they make this trade. It w/also signal a second Orioles trade is coming for another hitter. At that point, they'd have to deal young pitching, because that's all they have on the farm, unless you wan to trade Nolan Reimold.

Loewen, JJ Johnson, Brittan maybe?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are right SG but throw in Matos also or maybe Javy. Look at the LAA outfield, a disaster right now except for Vlad. LAA is rich in pitching, bullpen and starters. Kotchman/Mathis are terrible. Anderson/Erstad are hurt, they need offense, why they want Gibbons. O's are demanding quality pitching for Gibbons and whoever, and may get it. The deal is close.

IS this something they are looking at as a multiplayer deal?

We should be looking to get Kotchman back in this deal. They can have Matos, Gibbons, Javy Lopez, Rodrigo Lopez, George Lopez and Jennifer LOpez for all i care.

If we can get Kotchman and Lackey, i would be ecstatic.

You'd have to get Kotchman back-somebody who can hit. O's w/b left with Roberts-Mora-Tejada-Hernandez and almost zilch in the lineup thereafter, if they make this trade. It w/also signal a second Orioles trade is coming for another hitter.

Not just hit but field. His ability at first would make everyone else in the OF so much better.

You are right SG but throw in Matos also or maybe Javy. Look at the LAA outfield, a disaster right now except for Vlad. LAA is rich in pitching, bullpen and starters. Kotchman/Mathis are terrible. Anderson/Erstad are hurt, they need offense, why they want Gibbons. O's are demanding quality pitching for Gibbons and whoever, and may get it. The deal is close.

Any chance the Orioles are asking for Nick Adenhart as part of the package?

The other thing to remember is this...Rosenthal recently said that Nick Johnson may be available and that the Angels would be interested.

If they did want to trade Lackey or Santana, wouldn't they rather have Johnson than Gibbons? I know Gibbons is less injury prone(thats saying something) but Johnson is the better player and is signed for less money.

It is worth restating that Jay Gibbons has a HORRIBLE on base percentage.

Trade while the getting is good.

I can't see Rodrigo being a part of any deal or bringing any value at all to any trade. Javier Lopez would be logical to include in the deal.

Matos would need to stay an Oriole. An outfield of Markakis, Patterson, and Conine is asking for injury trouble.

Could a deal with Gibbons and Javy to the Angels for a SP such as Santana or Lackey set up us trading on of our young pitchers? We would have Bedard, Benson, Cabrera, Chen, Lopez, Loewen, Penn and Lackey/Santana. Chen and Lopez would be the obvious choices to remove from the starting rotation for next season. Could we then trade someone, maybe Cabrera in a deal for a hitter? Possibly something for Abreu or M.Cabrera?

I really, really like Jay. Always have and always will. But he will never be a plus defensively, and he never will have a good OBP. What we are seeing now is what we are going to get for the next 4 years.

He is not untouchable, but we can only trade him for someone who will help us more over the next 4 years than Jay will.

So we trade Javy and Jay and get great pitching in return, thats wonderful.

So our outfield is Matos, Markakis and Patterson, that doesn't sound too good.

How long before Newhan comes back?

Perhaps a platoon of Milar/Conine at LF/1B?

If the pitching does help us, and our offense goes bizerk, we would win the wild card, which would put us up against the Angles in the divisional series. It would be interesting to see that.

So we trade Javy and Jay and get great pitching in return, thats wonderful.

So our outfield is Matos, Markakis and Patterson, that doesn't sound to good.

I wouldnt start Matos over Conine

How long before Newhan comes back?

I believe he will be back around the All Star break.

If the pitching does help us, and our offense goes bizerk, we would win the wild card, which would put us up against the Angles in the divisional series. It would be interesting to see that.

I cant see us getting the Wild Card, we would still have at least one weak starting pitcher, and I wouldnt like how our lineup would look at all unless we made another deal for a bat.

We should start a Wild Bill drinking game. Granted, it'd take a long time to get drunk, but still. I say you take a drink every time he says "stay tuned." ;)

The WildBill Drinking Game? Count me in! Here's some "rules":

Every time Wildbill says "stay tuned" take one drink.

Every time wildbill says "hang on for a wild ride" guzzle a bottle of Jack! :SuN035:

Archived