Season starts tonight. Let's hear your predictions

ccbird

GV will have Williams to lob to underneath for easy jams or layups......at least 5 a game and Padgett is so quick he'll get it to him on the fast breaks for at two or three a game and the rest will be spread out with Milbourne and Mosley getting a couple along with Bowie.

This team is about moving the ball around and trying to get open shots. GV is going to surprise you. A 10 assist average is not going to be that hard for him and it will move him up in the draft.

This is pretty funny.

Maybe it's just me, but when it's only happened 5 times in Div 1 college basketball I would classify that as something that's going to be hard for GV to do.:noidea:

Avery Johnson, Southern U. ....................................................... †1988 30 399 13.30

Anthony Manuel, Bradley............................................................. 1988 31 373 12.03

Avery Johnson, Southern U. ....................................................... †1987 31 333 10.74

Mark Wade, UNLV............................................................................. 1987 38 406 10.68

Nelson Haggerty, Baylor................................................................ †1995 28 284 10.14

http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PDF/2008_m_basketball_recordsf87678bf-eed7-409a-ae13-5ab8955fb7c5.pdf

GV will have Williams to lob to underneath for easy jams or layups......at least 5 a game and Padgett is so quick he'll get it to him on the fast breaks for at two or three a game and the rest will be spread out with Milbourne and Mosley getting a couple along with Bowie.

This team is about moving the ball around and trying to get open shots. GV is going to surprise you. A 10 assist average is not going to be that hard for him and it will move him up in the draft.

Is this a parody post?

20+ wins.

9 or 10 ACC wins.

Finish anywhere from 3rd to 5th in conference.

Sweet 16 level team.

Vazquez first team all ACC....Davis, Singler and Greivis finish 1-2-3 in POY award in some order.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I'd also add that they will probably upset a team in the top 5 again. It happens just about every year.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I'd also add that they will probably upset a team in the top 5 again. It happens just about every year.

Unless Villanova is Top 5 when they play them in the BB&T, I'm not sure MD will play a Top 5 team this year.

I think Duke and UNC will get beat enough early (tough schedules) that neither of them will be in the Top 5 when MD plays them. Those teams aren't their normal dominant selves this year IMO.

Unless Villanova is Top 5 when they play them in the BB&T, I'm not sure MD will play a Top 5 team this year.

I think Duke and UNC will get beat enough early (tough schedules) that neither of them will be in the Top 5 when MD plays them. Those teams aren't their normal dominant selves this year IMO.

If Duke's guards can consistently stay out of foul trouble, they are going to be tough to beat...although Plumlee's injury really hurts.

If Duke's guards can consistently stay out of foul trouble, they are going to be tough to beat...although Plumlee's injury really hurts.

Agreed Duke will be very good, as will Carolina.

I think Duke's lack of depth could be an issue though (as you mentioned). I'm not sold on Nolan Smith as a big time player and we will see what Andre Dawkins does.

Not sure they are Top 5 this year, with some of the stacked teams around the country.

I think Duke's lack of depth could be an issue though (as you mentioned). I'm not sold on Nolan Smith as a big time player and we will see what Andre Dawkins does.

Not sure they are Top 5 this year, with some of the stacked teams around the country.

Duke is actually a deep team..They just aren't deep at guard..although Singler's versatility is going to help them I think.

It will be interesting to see how K coaches this team...This is the biggest team he has ever had and with the lack of guard depth, I am wondering if he will go more zone this year.

It will be tough for him to have his guards play that hand checking, tough on ball defense because they could pick up the ticky tack fouls quickly.

Duke is actually a deep team..They just aren't deep at guard..although Singler's versatility is going to help them I think.

It will be interesting to see how K coaches this team...This is the biggest team he has ever had and with the lack of guard depth, I am wondering if he will go more zone this year.

It will be tough for him to have his guards play that hand checking, tough on ball defense because they could pick up the ticky tack fouls quickly.

Yeah, they have good depth up front.

To me, this team needs to slow things down more, and I know this is blasphemy for a Duke team, maybe not pressure the ball so much with their guards. They CAN NOT afford to have Scheyer get in foul trouble, with basically just Smith and Dawkins as their other guards.

With Thomas, Zoubek, Czyz, Kelly, the Plumlees etc, they have all sorts of depth on the front court.

I think it may serve Duke well this year to slow things down a bit and play more of a half court game.

If this team still had Elliott Williams I think you could make a case for them as the # 2 or #3 team in the country. That was a gigantic loss for them.

To me, this team needs to slow things down more, and I know this is blasphemy for a Duke team, maybe not pressure the ball so much with their guards. They CAN NOT afford to have Scheyer get in foul trouble, with basically just Smith and Dawkins as their other guards.

With Thomas, Zoubek, Czyz, Kelly, the Plumlees etc, they have all sorts of depth on the front court.

I think it may serve Duke well this year to slow things down a bit and play more of a half court game.

If this team still had Elliott Williams I think you could make a case for them as the # 2 or #3 team in the country. That was a gigantic loss for them.

Um, Terps please. Sheesh. ;)

Hell, I wish Henderson had come back.

I think slowing down, pounding it down low and dominating the boards is a good way for them to go this year...but I am sure some of these bigs will run the floor well, so they will be able to run some as well.

Archived