Day #2 Draft Thread

markpolis

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• It honestly boggles my mind that every single Shorebirds offensive prospects has complete crapping the bed and we've started into May. I know they are young, but wow, Sosa, Tavera and Estrada to a lesser extent because he wasn't though of as highly have really struggled to make the jump from the FCL. I'm learning a valuable lesson though about ranking these international players too high until they've proven themselves in Low-a ball at least. The track record of the international hitting prospects after Basallo, and Bencosme to a lesser extent has really been disappointing once they hit Low-A ball. Whatever is being worked on in the DSL and FCL for hitting techniques really needs to be looked at because it's not translating to the field. I think Koby Perez has done a great job overall, but he really needs some of these guys to start having some success above rookie ball.  It's still early, but man, every time I look at a box score I see another 0-fer with multiple Ks.  I'm also realizing i need to wait until I see these guys in live games before ranking them so high based on the feedback I received because these guys who really not proving it at levels where it starts to really matter. 
    • I guess I'll just come out and say it. the only person in this entire thread who is being obnoxious and whining is you. I get this is your place, and you can do what you want, that's cool. I'm also not going to be intimidated by Gestapo tactics or that you might fly off the handle the minute someone offers a different opinion than you do.  You're literally in here telling customers who pay to support this site to stop coming here. I'm the obnoxious one?
    • Actually, yesterday I had my brother bet the Os via online MGM in Michigan since he lives there and I live in CA and we can't bet in CA online.  I am betting double or nothing tomorrow.  Not today as I don't trust Kremer against that lineup. Thursday I will be in Vegas until Sunday at Aria so I will consider my options then.   And yes I 100% made the bet because of the reverse Roy lock jinx bet scenario.   And I cleared around $45K in profit on CAUD early yesterday.  I actually day trade for a living.
    • You don't have a different take, you are trying to be obnoxious and sarcastic by saying that everyone who used Sigbot thinks that the computer makes every decision on the Orioles.  I called you on it, now you got your panties in a wad, and now you're openly whining.  I'm absolutely prepared for a discussion and was having one with you and others until you went all sarcastic over the use of SIGBOT. 
    • This is about as even as a matchup as you can get. Cortes’ great numbers vs us going against our #4/5. That offsets any home field advantage. Factor in the Yankees tax that always sways the line because they are a “public team”. The fact that our bullpen tonight is only Webb/Ramirez tonight is why they are favored. All things being equal/canceling out. 
    • "Just the way it's played out" Read that as, "It's just the way the Sigbot gives me the lineups and I didn't keep this job through all those years of losses by denying what the Sigbot tells me to do." Hyde loves his veterans and he doesn't understand or perhaps more precisely, doesn't value keeping his entire bench fresh. Earl was a master at that. While Hyde is very good at some things, he his track record suggests he'll run his same 9 out there every day (platoon specific of course) until they break or get so tired they become ineffective. then he'll give a guy who hasn't played in a week a start and watch him go 0-for-4. 
    • Oh please. Do a search for Sigbot and get 950,000 results. I'm not sifting through it all. Look, you post a thread for discussion, then you attack anyone who doesn't agree wholeheartedly with your initial post. If you want discussion, you have to be prepared for people to have different opinions, and then you have to make sure you have thick enough skin to not freak the F out on people who have a different take.  If having Kjerstad up here for 10 days while Hays is on the IL is going to ruin him, then he wasn't who we'd hoped he was in the first place. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now