Rosenthal: Orioles Join Holliday Bidding

MarylandTerp08

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One question...

Why?

With an outfield that is already full, why pursue this guy?

Plus, is this Rosenthal at his best, or what?

The Orioles, meanwhile, might only participate in the Holliday sweepstakes as a token gesture, an effort to demonstrate to their fans that they are trying to improve.

One question...

Why?

If this is true, then I think it's because they then have the opportunity to use a few guys in trades.

One of Jones or Pie. Reimold. Scott.

I kinda think the only reason we would seriously go after Holliday is if they plan on trading away a few of our OF players.

One question...

Why?

Holliday is a big bat and maybe it makes it easier to deal any combination of Pie, Scott, or Reimold. If Reimold serves as the LF and Holliday DH's or the other way around then that could make some sense. I do not see the Orioles as offer token bids at this point.

You know signing Holliday makes it more possible to trade for AGon too as Scott could be traded for something that could refill what was given, or just straight up flipped to SD... All I know is this next week will be very interesting on this board with these latest two stories...

We'll see.

We can put a pretty good team on the field if AM gets one of these big bats and starts to move some guys like Pie, Reimold, Arrieta, Bell for a second bat. Atkins is the first guy we've signed that really shows that we are not serious about 2010.

Archived