4/7 O's vs Rays

Big Mac

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few people have brought this up and I'd really like to hear the reasoning behind this. Scott wants time in the field, Nolan is recovering from an injury, and it's astroturf. Scott in left and Reimold DH seems like the completely obvious solution. Is there some other variable I'm missing?

A 40 y/o Tony may be a better defensive option than Nolan, but a 60 y/o Tony would certainly be better than Luke in left.

You know how some rappers have multiple names/aliases? Like Notorious BIG was AKA Biggie Smalls? Eminem has Slim Shady? I think Atkins needs a couple names....We've got "The Diet" and I nominate "Third Out".

Any other suggestions?

Captain Suck?

I'm not even sure he would have. I'm not talking about that single play. Just about the decision in general. I'm just not understanding the thought process.

I agree Pie is better defensively in LF than Nolan, but with his shoulder bumming, I'd take Nolan out there over Scott.

But, he wasn't early.

That's when they had to get to him.

He pretty much was. A ground ball that made it between 1st and second- a walk and a bloop single is hardly a sign he didn't have his stuff. We were fortunate to string those plays together to get on the board at all.

That said, I sure hope our bats wake up. This is pretty sad. Watching us come up there- it's as if everyone is waiting for the next guy to come up with the big hit- and the only one I have confidence in to provide that right now is AJ.

Archived