4/14 - Rays @ O's

Rex Thunder

It makes us a 3-5 team with a slumping offense and poor bullpen. I don't think these guys watched Gonzo blew 2 games in April and then decided to promptly mail in the season. If all it took was 2 bad loses for them to all sit around feeling sorry for themselves, then we have a team of soft, pathetic players.

There's a little thing called momentum and there is a mental aspect to this game (and any game for that matter) that can't be underestimated.. Confidence cannot be dismissed. Like a shooter getting hot in a basketball game. You start to believe you are that good and the basket doubles in size..

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a little thing called momentum and there is a mental aspect to this game (and any game for that matter) that can't be underestimated.. Confidence cannot be dismissed. Like a shooter getting hot in a basketball game. You start to believe you are that good and the basket doubles in size..

And like I said...if 2 games shook their confidence this much, we have a bunch of mentally weak players who don't belong in the majors. Sometimes crummy things happen in pro sports...and if you can't handle them, you're in the wrong line of work. If what you're saying is true, then we're in worse shape than I thought.

You don't think two more wins changes things? You don't think beating the Rays 2 out of 3 at their place and then winning your home opener and going to 3-1 doesn't give a young team a boost? I absolutely do.

I agree with you. Confidence goes a LONGGG way in any team- especially a young one. The team is looser and I think the approach, dynamic- attitude- and everything else that is important in playing winning baseball comes a little easier.

And like I said...if 2 games shook their confidence this much, we have a bunch of mentally weak players who don't belong in the majors. Sometimes crummy things happen in pro sports...and if you can't handle them, you're in the wrong line of work. If what you're saying is true, then we're in worse shape than I thought.

It's the 2 blown saves- that were followed by a string of other heartbreaking losses in about every way possible. When you lose in so many different gut busting ways- which was STARTED by blown saves- THEN YES.

These guys are human, and will press and that leads to a progression downhill fast.

I remember listening to Matt Wieters in an interview with Amber in the pre season and he talked about just that. How getting off to a good start was crucial because confidence is EVERYTHING.

It makes us a 3-5 team with a slumping offense and poor bullpen. I don't think these guys watched Gonzo blew 2 games in April and then decided to promptly mail in the season. If all it took was 2 bad loses for them to all sit around feeling sorry for themselves, then we have a team of soft, pathetic players.

Again, the progression... You say 3-5 as though the other games wouldve had the same results. I don't think so. Without those blown saves- I don't think we blow the other games.

Momentum and confidence. Have you played sports before? If you have, you must know there is truth to this concept.

I think we have a lot of young players and a young team without an identity. A franchise that hasn't won in 12 years. We all have said that things get magnified in the beginning of the season, and right now I think this losing streak is feeding on itself.

Nothing has gone right for this team thus far. Therefore the team starts to believe they are really bad, and I 100% think that winning two games that should have been ours has contributed to that belief.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but did Trembley say anything about why Pie is not in the lineup? He one of the few players that is producing on this team at all and he's not in the lineup? It would be one thing is Reimold had shown he is 100%, but he's not.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but did Trembley say anything about why Pie is not in the lineup? He one of the few players that is producing on this team at all and he's not in the lineup? It would be one thing is Reimold had shown he is 100%, but he's not.

The way Trembley treats Pie, he should just keep him in every day so that he can use him as a scapegoat for each loss.

Because we're facing a tough LHP would be my guess.

Archived