4/24: In Matusz We Trust

ShaneDawg85

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True...it's early. But it wasn't a surprise to see him have that 5th either. Perhaps it's not an endurance thing.....but he absolutely speeds up his delivery as he gets deeper in games. And the results aren't as good.

Good observation. I've noticed this, but I've also noticed that he seems to know its a problem. He's talked about his pacing and rushing his delivery in several interviews so I'm hopeful that he can make the adjustment as the season progresses.

Is it really only 379 to center at Fenway? For some reason I've never noticed that before. I would think there would be more homers to center.

Nah, I think that's just the right side of the monster... there's that little zig-zag part that goes deeper, like 420 or something like that...

Nah, I think that's just the right side of the monster... there's that little zig-zag part that goes deeper, like 420 or something like that...

Yep that's the triangle that's created by the bullpens they added to help out Teddy Ballgame.

His FB is down to 86-87 from the stretch now. He needs to keep that speed up around 89-90 for that change to be most effective.

Nevermind...back up to 90.

I think that was a momentary glitch on the TV gun. Gameday says he's around 90-91 and Joe and Fred mentioned that they thought the TV gun was slow. He's still lost a couple MPH but nothing that drastic.

Archived