A commenter ruffles Roch's feathers

ChaosLex

Oh my....Roch doesn't look like the type of guy you'd want to mess with.

Roch's been pretty critical lately, and I applaud him for it.

Yeah, I loved the zinger he threw back at MacPhail regarding the 1B situation.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand Roch's frustration with that commenter, but this is unprofessional behavior on his part. Delete the comments and have your IT department ban his IP. I'm sure this fellow isn't smart enough to get around it.

The whole idea of the press holding the organization accountable is absurd.

What? If the press doesn't do it, who will? As a former journalist, I can tell you that is exactly what the press is supposed to do...ask tough questions and get the facts. The Baltimore press doesn't do it -- they play softball in the post game interviews with Trembley.

I used to work with Rock at The Sun, and I know he is very good at his craft. But given his current job with MASN, no doubt the circumstances are different.

And not to get political, but if you take a look around, the press fails to do its job else where. It's become epidemic. Facts be damned -- it's all about "political correctness."

I've thought about this, and IMO the most likely candidate would be Tom Boswell. He's respected and willing to write about things that would ruffle feathers. And the Orioles would look like complete fools if they tried to black-ball the Washington Post or Boswell. But I don't think that he follows the Orioles that closely. Luckily, we're playing the Nats next weekend, so we could see some articles from him.

What? If the press doesn't do it, who will? As a former journalist, I can tell you that is exactly what the press is supposed to do...ask tough questions and get the facts. The Baltimore press doesn't do it -- they play softball in the post game interviews with Trembley.

Yep...and don't think that The Sun puts those annoying Flash banners for O's tickets that take over your entire screen on their website for free. You don't bite the hands that feed you...especially when you're in the newspaper industry and you're struggling for every dime.

Oh God...did I just sound like Nestor there? :eektf:

Archived