5/20 Orioles @ Rangers: Game 2

24HOR

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm losing patience with Matt Wieters. Who actually thought he was going to come up with a hit there? I think we brought him up from the minors too soon. Outside of Atkins, Wieters is the last Oriole I want up at the plate in a key situation. He simply hasn't proven that he can hit major league pitching on a consistent basis. Am I over-reacting or is anyone else troubled by the lack of production from Wieters?

No you're not. I'm thinking the same thing. I cringe when he's up with RISP. In fact he's almost as bad as Atkins.

Hell, if Lou is going to hit up here, let him DH or start in left and move Corey to center.

Don't think we'd be missing much if it bumped Jonesy from the lineup!

It's getting really tiresome explaining this to people, but here we go again:

Over the last 14 days, Adam Jones is batting .340.

In May, he is batting .294.

Adam Jones is fine.

Just got home....what's up with Matusz?

He's having a bad night and getting bombed and really needs to be taken out of the game, but Trembley used up the bullpen yesterday, so he's doing everything he can to avoid taking him out.

It is time to get real here. We have thre ML pitchers in our starting staff. Millwood, Guthrie and Bergeson. Then we have a whole slew of promising young arms, who can't quite put it together. It may be time to drop a couple down and see the next contestants.

Archived