Who are your top targets this offseason...

Sports Guy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1)Sign Carl Crawford $100-120M or $20 M + per

2) Sign Adrian Beltre $18M per

3) Sign Adam Dunn $15M + per

4) Re-sign Koji Uehara $5M+ PER

That's $58 M+? Just sayin'.....:scratchchinhmm:

I highly doubt Crawford will get $20 M +, Beltre will get $18 M, or Dunn will get $15 M.

I highly doubt Crawford will get $20 M +, Beltre will get $18 M, or Dunn will get $15 M.
Then you are not paying attention to who is interested in them. Plus that is what it will cost the O's, they will be $5-10 M cheaper for contenders.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101004&content_id=15412214&notebook_id=15412218&vkey=notebook_nym&c_id=nym

I'd love for the Orioles to go after David Wright. While New Yankee Stadium is a bandbox for homers, CitiField is the complete opposite. I went to a game last week and the ball absolutely dies, doesn't carry. While there was talk of going after Reyes here, he had a mental block just catching a fly ball.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101004&content_id=15412214&notebook_id=15412218&vkey=notebook_nym&c_id=nym

I'd love for the Orioles to go after David Wright. While New Yankee Stadium is a bandbox for homers, CitiField is the complete opposite. I went to a game last week and the ball absolutely dies, doesn't carry. While there was talk of going after Reyes here, he had a mental block just catching a fly ball.

I can't even imagine how much talent we would have to give up to get Wright.

Maybe we could help them out by taking on some bad contracts.

I'm not sure why so many people want Bartlett. I know Izturis has been awful this year, but that doesn't mean we should be so high on replacing him with a better, but also poor option. Ok, he had a great year in '09, but it was an outlier. Otherwise, he's likely to be about a .700 OPS guy, which would be fine if his defense was still great, but he's about to turn 31 and his defense has apparently declined a lot the past couple years.

I, like others, would like to pursue Lowrie. Furcal is certainly an interesting option, but I suspect the price for him may be higher than some of us believe, plus his age and health problems don't endear me to him.

If he becomes available, David Wright shoots up the list of top targets.

If he becomes available, David Wright shoots up the list of top targets.

The Mets will shake things up, but I doubt this is the guy they want to move. Of course he will be asked about, by every team.

Taking on Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo could help, as these are must dumps from the Mets stand point. Only match, I see us having for them directly is BROB and Guthrie. Not saying I like parting with Brian but playing devils advocate.

If we leave out Brian and get a third team involved, maybe we could get the Cubs or D Backs with Ramirez and Reynolds and I would offer Scott and Bergeson. Wright would be or Big Bat!

Considering he's only improved on his numbers from earlier this season, I believe this is still valid:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/08/elias-rankings-update-2.html

Hmm, I was looking at one of those Elias graphs earlier today that said he was Type B, but I guess it was outdated. I'd be willing to give up a pick for him, but it does make me less enthusiastic.

MLBTR just posted the list of Type A and B free agents. Lee is a type B. Sign him up. Let some other poor sucker give up a pick for VMart.

We should also be taking a look at Berkman.

Archived