Who are your top targets this offseason...

Sports Guy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lee and Furcal would cost more than Scott and Guthrie. Furcal costs $12M alone and Lee figures to get at least $6-8M. BTW Darvish will run you at least $90M, Crawford $100-120M, Furcal $12M, Lee $8M, so $60M is very realistic. You keep forgetting the Orioles surcharge for FA.

The posting fee for Darvish isn't part of his salary.

The posting fee for Darvish isn't part of his salary.

No, it's a one-time payment. But it's actually worse than being part of his salary, in that you have to come up with it upfront and can't expect the back end of the deal to cover some of your costs through inflation. If you pay a $50M posting fee that's just $50M in real terms. If you pay $10M a year for five years, after inflation that's more like $45-47M in real dollars, if not less.

And the O's aren't anywhere close to worrying about luxury tax considerations of salary vice posting fees.

Adam Dunn would be my #1, Prince Fielder is my #2. This team needs hitters. I would love to get both, actually. I think VMart is overrated so I don't think we'll get him, but I wouldn't be mad if he was signed to a big contract. I wouldn't touch Beltre with a ten foot pole - I think 2010 is as fluke a year as 2004 was. Both were contract years, too.

...and what are you willing to give up to get them, either in terms of money or players?

Dunn, 4/$60M if he agrees to DH, 2/24 if he doesn't

Lee. 1/$8, with a club option

Bartlett, Barmes, whichever doesn't cost me Scott or Guthrie.

Darvish, $40M posting fee, 5/$60

Uribe 3B/UT, 1/$5

That's fine..but that doesn't go onto the payroll, which is what I am talking about.
This is silly. It comes out of your budget for that year. And you have to pay it all up front, as Drungo says. Or do you think PA is paying it out of his magic bottomless pocket?

1) Sign Carl Crawford

2) Sign Adrian Beltre

3) Sign Adam Dunn

4) Re-sign Koji Uehara

5) Explore possible trade opportunities for a veteran starter and if there are none available stick with the pitchers we already have.

1) Sign Carl Crawford

2) Sign Adrian Beltre

3) Sign Adam Dunn

4) Re-sign Koji Uehara

5) Explore possible trade opportunities for a veteran starter and if there are none available stick with the pitchers we already have.

1)Sign Carl Crawford $100-120M or $20 M + per

2) Sign Adrian Beltre $18M per

3) Sign Adam Dunn $15M + per

4) Re-sign Koji Uehara $5M+ PER

That's $58 M+? Just sayin'.....:scratchchinhmm:

Dunn should be just as good as Fielder, even when playing 1B, and he won't cost any prospects.

I have no interest in VMart. His defense at 1B is horrid, and his bat doesn't make up for it. Plus, we won't be using him much at C, and we'll be bidding against teams who will.

Dunn should be just as good as Fielder, even when playing 1B, and he won't cost any prospects.

I have no interest in VMart. His defense at 1B is horrid, and his bat doesn't make up for it. Plus, we won't be using him much at C, and we'll be bidding against teams who will.

So, Dunn's defense is acceptable, but VMart is horrid? Okay.:confused:

Archived