• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have never understood why the Orioles let Aramark run the team store at the Yards.

Why wouldn't they? The Orioles leave all the hassles of staffing and inventory and everything else to Aramark, who pays them for the privilege. Same reason everyone else uses Aramark and similar companies, and Ticketmaster as well.

The first 5 or 10 years at Camden Yards, I felt the food was really good, though a bit overpriced. But the food was good, for the most part, and I didn't mind paying so m uch.

Since the turn of the millenium, it seems to me the quality has gone down hill each year. The new soft pretzels are nowhere near as good as the old Uncle Teddy's. Across the board, quality has declined.

All my personal opinion, but I certainly am glad for the change.

Useless story time:

I used to work for Aramark at the Kauffman Stadium/Arrowhead Complex. I was the manager of the gift shops about 11 years ago. My manager was an Orioles fan with the ornithologically correct bird tattooed on her wrist.

Does this mean that Boog's is history?

Gotta admit I'm in the mood for a pit beef sandwich and some hot sauce.

Other than Boog's, the food at the yard makes McDonald's look like a five star restaurant.

This offseason is already off to a great start.

A good omen for what's to come.

Aramark, I believe was the reason that Red Sox and Yankees gear was being sold at OPACY.

It wouldn't surprise me if Buck had some input here because of that.

Good riddance!

You have to be yanking our chains. You don't really think Buck had anything to do with this?

You have to be yanking our chains. You don't really think Buck had anything to do with this?

It wouldn't surprise me. He's made comments about the Yankees and Red Sox fans, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him want that merchandise out of the stadium, so it wouldn't seem like we are catering to them.

It wouldn't surprise me. He's made comments about the Yankees and Red Sox fans, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him want that merchandise out of the stadium, so it wouldn't seem like we are catering to them.

Yep, I have it on good authority that "Get Rid of Aramark" was at the top of Buck's off season to-do list. And get this, I hear MacPhail was behind Aramark all the way on this one.

Makes you wonder - who's in charge here?

Hopefully this will change the awful quality of food, limited choices, and cost of food at OPACY. Most pitiful nachos I will ever eat... 7-11 food is better than a lot of the choices.

Yup, your choices are basically BBQ (great, but expensive) or go hungry. I often bring my own food.

Aramark, I believe was the reason that Red Sox and Yankees gear was being sold at OPACY.

It wouldn't surprise me if Buck had some input here because of that.

Good riddance!

Today, I got a package a day early from Amazon. Thank you, Buck.

Yep, I have it on good authority that "Get Rid of Aramark" was at the top of Buck's off season to-do list. And get this, I hear MacPhail was behind Aramark all the way on this one.

Makes you wonder - who's in charge here?

The Maryland Stadium Authority, which owns Camden Yards, is involved in contract negotiations with the potential new food service vendor, according to Michael J. Frenz, the authority's executive director. He declined to name the company.

Frenz said the authority had the right of approval of any new contract, and also negotiates with the vendor for nongame catering at the stadium. Frenz said the authority saw declining revenue over the past three years for events catered by Aramark. In 2007, nongame catered events brought the state $300,000, while last year that number had dropped by half, Frenz said.

Frenz said the authority had been pleased with Aramark and that he did not know why the Orioles chose not to go with the company next year.

Because Buck is sick of the Red Sox and Yankees fans walking over the Orioles fans like a doormat and letting them treat OPACY like their home park.

It's about time somebody did something about this and I am not surprised that Showalter was the one to make it happen.

You can't buy a single shred of Orioles gear at Fenway, and there's a reason for that. Team pride. And Aramark is the vendor there. You don't cater to your outside visitors, you cater to your home fans.

Aramark just cared about making the most money possible, which is why they likely catered to the visiting fans at the stadium. They wanted to capitalize on Fenway South as it was good business. The Orioles however let them do this, and it's no shocker MacPhail was in support of it. He doesn't understand that what Aramark was doing was demoralizing the fanbase.

Oriole Park can still be a good place for visiting fans to take in a game without selling their team's merchandise in the stadium.

Archived