Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

Hmm so instead of building around Tejada, they want to trade him for prospects and use his $ to sign Lee or Soriano or take on salary like a Bobby Abreu deal. Abreu would make sense to keep Mora happy after Tejada is gone.

Winning baseball games will make them happy - not having their friends around.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the math.

The deal is probably

2 major leaguers (Santana and Shields)

2 minor leaguers (Aybar and ???)

The question is - who is the other minor leaguer?

He said Santana and Wood were 2 of the players we were asking for.

I don't think the O's are asking for Shields anymore...who else could be on their 25 man? Is Kotchman? Kendrick!?

Hmm so instead of building around Tejada, they want to trade him for prospects and use his $ to sign Lee or Soriano or take on salary like a Bobby Abreu deal. Abreu would make sense to keep Mora happy after Tejada is gone.

We would be better off doing this then getting Abreu, would could possibly be making the rotation, bullpen, and outfield/1B stronger and free up money to sign a big free agent.

Thanks for the info, BB... I'll reserve judgement on the details of the trade until it's actually made, if it is. That "up to Angelos" thing has me worried that he'll wait until 3:59 PM on Monday to make up his mind...by which time all the teams will have made other deals... :rolleyes:

Tejada possibly leaving, Mora wont be happy and protests coming up - this summer will be a PR nightmare for the Orioles.

baseball people will know its good - but the general public will light the Orioles up

Hey, if Mora became unhappy he'd waive his no trade clause...

They're not giving up Shields.

Bigbird, I'll ask this one in an indirect way, is Kotchman considered on the 25 man?

Also, IF the deal goes down, when can we expect it? Tommorow? Sunday?

Thanks again, you're the man for keeping the masses informed.

I don't think the O's are asking for Shields anymore...who else could be on their 25 man? Is Kotchman? Kendrick!?

Shields would be the immediately replacement for Hawkins when he gets traded and the guy has a rubber arm and is one of the best middle relief guys in the game. I am a big fan of Shields

Archived