Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

Why would we want Aybar and Wood? Won't you rather get Wood and Morles?

Oh I don't know anything about either of them. I just saw that most people have been putting forth Santana and Wood, or Santana and Aybar. I guess they're both shortstops.... oops :P

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking over this.

For as much as we know, the Angels are offering Santana and Aybar for Tejada. Most can agree that this is not enough.

What needs to happen to get this deal done?

If we get the Angels to give up both Santana and Wood, do we jump on it or do we want to add another prospect?

Perhaps if we include Conine we could get that third prospect. Let the Angels pick 5 to 7 names of minor leaguers they will not part with.

If the Angels refuse to give up Wood, we must have one more prospect coming back to us. Let the Angels pick three names in the minor leagues that are off limits. Pick whoever you feel is the best prospect left.

If Conine is added, we should get a mid-level prospect in return. Again, let them pick 5 to 7 names that are off limits in their minor league system and pick whoever you feel is the best one.

At the end of the day, the bare minimum to receive:

Santana and Wood for Tejada

Santana, Wood, and C+ Prospect for Tejada and Conine

Santana, Aybar and B+ Prospect for Tejada

Santana, Aybar, B+ Prospect, and C Prospect for Tejada and Conine

If we get the Angels to give up both Santana and Wood, do we jump on it or do we want to add another prospect?

Jump the frick on it! Although the Conine's and Javy's of the world can be added to try to expand to another player or 2. If it comes down to Aybar and Wood is untouchable I'd want another player back anyway to make up for the difference in value.

Archived